Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Technology
Reload this Page >

Need Help with to access HDMI on Hotel TV

Old Jul 31, 17, 10:20 am
Original Poster

I'm probably out of luck, but I'll give it one last shot. I'm in a hotel in vegas and you can't access the HDMI input. I've already researched and found you need to unplug the phone wire which I've found. However it's a large LG TV, and the side has only buttons for volume and channel changes. All these other devices are attached to the back of the TV and I can't see if there are any other buttons. Obviously the remote id not the TV original remote. Is there an iphone app for TV's that dont require it do go through wifi? When I had an android phone, I could basically control any TV I found with the app.
Old Jul 31, 17, 11:07 am

Programs: SkyTean, Star Alliance, HHonors
You could use your Android phone because some Android devices had or have an IR transmitter (I'm not sure how common they are anymore).

I'm not an iPhone user, but I don't think they have ever had an IR transmitter built in. You can buy an external one but they're not widely available aside from mail order as far as I know.

Have you tried going to the lowest channel and pressing the channel down once more? On one of my TVs this will start scrolling through the other inputs until you've gone through all of them, and then bring you back into the tuner.
Old Jul 31, 17, 11:54 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by smc333 View Post
You could use your Android phone because some Android devices had or have an IR transmitter (I'm not sure how common they are anymore).

I'm not an iPhone user, but I don't think they have ever had an IR transmitter built in. You can buy an external one but they're not widely available aside from mail order as far as I know.

Have you tried going to the lowest channel and pressing the channel down once more? On one of my TVs this will start scrolling through the other inputs until you've gone through all of them, and then bring you back into the tuner.
dont have the android phone with me, yeah tried that scrolling thing, didnt work, they've really got the tv locked up pretty good, thanks. well have to resort to my tablet, but hate to watch TV on it unless its on a plane
Old Aug 1, 17, 11:56 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, SWA CP
Originally Posted by bernyx View Post
dont have the android phone with me, yeah tried that scrolling thing, didnt work, they've really got the tv locked up pretty good, thanks. well have to resort to my tablet, but hate to watch TV on it unless its on a plane
Could you tell me the model number of the LG TV?
Old Aug 2, 17, 12:11 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mike_la_jolla View Post
Could you tell me the model number of the LG TV?
cant seem to find it, thats ok, thanks

Search this Thread
Search Engine: