Reload this Page >

Bose QC35 vs SH PXC550

Bose QC35 vs SH PXC550

Old May 4, 2017, 12:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: EK Gold, IHG Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond
Bose QC35 vs SH PXC550

Hi all,

I started to travel for business, 99% alone so I watch movies/listen music. Other travels are with wife and 9 months baby so not so much time to watch movies

I am not able to decide between Bose and Sennheiser. Price is similar, but with SH I have 50 discount.

As comparison, with ANC technology I only tried the Emirates business class headset.

I also unsure about wireless, maybe cable is better?

Marco
Old May 4, 2017, 8:25 am
KCZ

You might want to read this thread about the Bose.
https://community.bose.com/t5/Wirele...uts/td-p/23495

And here's a great review of the Senn's vs. the Sony MDR1000.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trave...-mdr1000x.html
Old May 4, 2017, 9:52 am

Programs: AA EXP
My 2 cents: If you find the QC35's comfortable, you will be happy with the cocoon of quiet they produce. Not perfect for music if you are a high end audio person, but still good.
Old May 4, 2017, 10:44 am
Original Poster

Uhm...it seems that some people had BT problems...maybe better to choose the wired model? :-)
Old May 4, 2017, 10:47 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JoshPA
My 2 cents: If you find the QC35's comfortable, you will be happy with the cocoon of quiet they produce. Not perfect for music if you are a high end audio person, but still good.
I do not have the possibility to test them.
I am not an high end person, let's say that I just would like to listen music/watch movies and also sleeping without surrounding noise inside aircraft :-)
Old May 5, 2017, 1:22 pm

Programs: Delta PM, American Platinum
Originally Posted by MarcoGT
Uhm...it seems that some people had BT problems...maybe better to choose the wired model? :-)
The QC35 includes a wire that you can use in place of BT. For what it's worth I have absolutely loved my pair and have zero issues with BT from several devices.
Old May 5, 2017, 2:36 pm

Originally Posted by w4hagen
The QC35 includes a wire that you can use in place of BT. For what it's worth I have absolutely loved my pair and have zero issues with BT from several devices.
+1

No BT issues for me either. I upgraded from the QC-15 back in December 2016 shortly after the QC-35 came out. Have had no problems and love my 35's. Although, I obviously know nothing about music because I think the audio in the 35's is great...I hear bass and parts of songs I've never heard before.
Old May 18, 2017, 12:33 am

I have QC-35s, and I love them to bits. I have not had any issues with them at all, and can highly recommend them. NC is fantastic. I did not update the headset's firmware and I don't use the iPhone app.
Old Jul 13, 2017, 1:58 am

I recommend Bose QC 35 for you. Because this headset can both wireless and wired.
Old Jul 13, 2017, 4:21 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hotels.com Gold
Ive tried a few before buying the Sony MDR1000. BT and wired is great.

Great headphones. For sleep with nothing connected and NC on, you need to have the wire in place because they auto turn off if on BT mode. Never been a problem
Old Jul 13, 2017, 11:24 am

Bose is selling "Factory Renewed" QC-35s for $259 on ebay .

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.