Reload this Page >

Best dual sim phone?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best dual sim phone?

Search this Thread

Old May 21, 2017, 7:15 am

Programs: LT Plt, 4mm, *A GLD, burned out medical provider, executing our estate plan
The LG V20 (VS995) international version is dual sim. But also has removable battery, tough outer case, good cameras, and is big. It does not cover ATT LTE bands 17 and 30. I am considering the NA version and just go single sim.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01M4MY4RY

and a 10,000 mAh extended battery that can go on the back

https://www.amazon.com/Battery-ZeroL...lg+v20+battery

You don't find many replaceable battery phones any more. Comes with Nougat out of the box.
Old May 24, 2017, 12:34 pm

For a middle priced option is the Samsung J5 worth looking at ?

its 5 inch , dual screen , dual sim

does anyone use a J5 ? any pluses or negatives ?
Old May 24, 2017, 12:52 pm

Programs: Qantas LTG, BA-Blue, KLM -Gold, SAS - Silver
My wife uses a J5 for non business purposes and it seems perfectly adequate.
it should be lower than "medium priced" by now. That bracket with Samsung is filled by the A5.

Its processor would be slower and perhaps less able to multitask than my S7 but I'm hard put to notice any difference most of the time, particularly with the social media messaging and web browsing that she mainly does.
Old May 24, 2017, 1:07 pm

Originally Posted by mandolino
My wife uses a J5 for non business purposes and it seems perfectly adequate.
it should be lower than "medium priced" by now. That bracket with Samsung is filled by the A5.

Its processor would be slower and perhaps less able to multitask than my S7 but I'm hard put to notice any difference most of the time, particularly with the social media messaging and web browsing that she mainly does.
Thanks for the review , does the battery last long enough for a day

medium priced is $150 for the US model , not sure if US model is dual sim ,
but was planning on an International model which is dual sim
Old May 31, 2017, 4:41 am

Programs: Qantas LTG, BA-Blue, KLM -Gold, SAS - Silver
Judging by the light use my wife gives it, yes it can last for a day if you keep wifi/bluetooth off. Samsung phones also have some good power-saving settings.
Old May 31, 2017, 10:41 am
Formerly known as mmihalik

Samsung S7 Edge

I travel a lot, and wanted a phone with great camera, Android, large memory, and dual SIM to replace my aging Note 3.

While searching for 32/64GB possibilities, I found Samsung's 128GB S7 Edge, but it was only sold in Middle East and Asia markets. A quick visit to eBay revealed factory fresh, unlocked version of the S7 Edge 128GB, at a very good price. I got one within a few days, and find it is the UAE version, and it came with Nougat preinstalled.

Note well: display cannot show LTE; instead shows LTE as 4G. I confirmed this is a feature, using LTE Discovery app. It does have LTE capability. With dual SIM, SIM Manager shows one has LTE/4G/3G priority, while the other has 3G/2G. You can select which slot has priority. As in other Samsung DUOS phones, the 2nd slot can have SIM or microSD card, but with 128GB main memory, who needs another microSD card!

Just back from a 2week trip to Paris and Eastern Europe, and it performed great. I had it loaded with both AT&T and T-Mobile SIMs. I used both the $10/day international plan from AT&T, and free T-Mobile data roaming, but found "free" T-Mobile data roaming and texts to have some caveats. Though T-Mobile will connect to 3g/4g/LTE, they have figured out how to throttle down to 20Kbps with the fast connection. Fine for text, but brutal with graphic intensive browsing and apps. Be sure you preload those Google maps for offline use. Uber and Lyft load maps as needed, making the slow so load time painful.

If budget is a concern, I also used an Amazon BLU R1 on a trip to Dublin, that has dual SIM, as well as a separate slot for microSD card. Nice reliable phone, but not-so-good camera.

By the way, you'll be surprised at the eBay prices for phones sourced from UAE. US suppliers even offered extended warranty if you are worried about not having a US warranty.

So far, after 2 months with the S7, no regrets.
Old May 31, 2017, 11:00 am

Programs: AA Plat, DL Silver, MR Plat, nobody everywhere else
My daily phone is a Moto G4 plus dual sim (sourced from India). Very happy with it.
Old May 31, 2017, 1:26 pm

Well why don't consider the top dog in the market now, the beautiful Oneplus 3T?
I love it, perfectly stable, fast, lots of ram and no need to root.
An excellent companion.
Old Jun 1, 2017, 4:24 pm

Programs: AC SE100K MM
Wait for the OnePlus 5. No more 3/3Ts left.
Old Jun 27, 2017, 11:50 am

Programs: LT Plt, 4mm, *A GLD, burned out medical provider, executing our estate plan
Nokia 6 Amazon Prime

says it is dual sim

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B072J8R35Q...nk_6_ecg1_long
Old Jun 27, 2017, 12:08 pm

Oneplus 5 is on the market now, it covers all possible frequencies of all possible markets. It's battery seems to be perfectly optimized but unfortunately the phone itself is not ip67 or higher certified (water resistant).
Old Jun 29, 2017, 4:01 pm

The Samsung Galaxy S8 DUOS just got released in Euro land. If you want to spend 1,000EUR for a phone it seems pretty impressive.
Old Jul 3, 2017, 4:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Xiaomi Mi Mix is an aweseome phone, and its dual SIM.
Old May 26, 2018, 8:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GE, Marriott Platinum
Just picked up a OnePlus 6 (considering a move back to Android from iOS) and it's working pretty well thus far. One of the SIM cards stops working during calls--which isn't surprising considering it's sold as a dual standby device--but at the same time I feel like they should if both networks support VoLTE. Of course, there's probably a technical reason why this can't be the case.

Also, this is probably not a surprise to anyone who has used recent OnePlus devices, but both SIM cards can apparently connect via LTE simultaneously according to a SIM card info tool I found on the Play Store. I'd love to try a Verizon SIM card in SIM2 at some point to confirm, though.
Old Sep 12, 2018, 12:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GE, Marriott Platinum
Looks like the iPhone Xs has dual SIM support too. Only the China version has two physical SIM cards though; the rest of the models are eSIM + physical SIM. Is eSIM a huge disadvantage? (I'm thinking not if from the US--since most carriers likely will support eSIM--but maybe I'm wrong.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.