ATT International day Pass

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2017, 1:03 pm
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman 5+ Badge

ATT International day Pass

A la Verizon...

Use Your Domestic Plan Abroad for a Low Daily Fee

Starting Friday, AT&T is making it easier to stay connected when you travel.

With AT&T International Day PassSM, you can talk and text all you want, and use your data plan in over 100 countries, only paying for the days you use abroad.[i] Instead of being charged per minute, message, or megabyte while traveling, you‘ll pay just $10 a day per device for any 24-hour period you use your device in an International Day Pass country.

“Traveling has its own challenges. It’s great being able to use the domestic plan you’re familiar with while abroad,” said David Christopher, chief marketing officer, AT&T Entertainment Group. “AT&T International Day Pass simplifies travelers’ lives so they can enjoy more of their favorite mobile apps when on-the-go overseas. This helps with booking lodging, catching a ride, translating, navigating, video calling, using social media and more.”

With the new AT&T International Day Pass, simply:

Add to each device one time and it’s available whenever you travel within the 100+ countries unless you remove the feature.
Use in our most popular destinations in Europe, Asia and the Caribbean – like the U.K., France, Italy, China, India, Jamaica and the Bahamas – as well as all of Central and South America.
Access your plan data and get unlimited calls within International Day Pass countries and back to the U.S., as well as unlimited texts to the world at no additional charge.
Staying connected while abroad is now simpler than ever. Simply add AT&T International Day Pass to your devices on myAT&T.

*AT&T products and services are provided or offered by subsidiaries and affiliates of AT&T Inc. under the AT&T brand and not by AT&T Inc.

[i] International Day Pass feature may be removed if international voice, text, or data usage exceeds 50% of total voice, text, or data usage for two consecutive months. Terms from your underlying domestic plan, including Stream Saver, fees and other restrictions apply. Terms subject to change. See att.com/intldaypass for feature details.

About AT&T

AT&T Inc. (NYSE:T) helps millions around the globe connect with leading entertainment, mobile, high speed internet and voice services. We’re one of the world’s largest providers of pay TV. We have TV customers in the U.S. and 11 Latin American countries. We offer the best global coverage of any U.S. wireless provider.* And we help businesses worldwide serve their customers better with our mobility and highly secure cloud solutions.

Additional information about AT&T products and services is available at http://about.att.com. Follow our news on Twitter at @ATT, on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/att and YouTube at http://www.youtube.com/att.

© 2017 AT&T Intellectual Property. All rights reserved. AT&T, the Globe logo and other marks are trademarks and service marks of AT&T Intellectual Property and/or AT&T affiliated companies. All other marks contained herein are the property of their respective owners.

*Global coverage claim based on offering discounted voice and data roaming; LTE roaming; voice roaming in more countries than any other U.S. based carrier. International service required. Coverage not available in all areas. Coverage may vary per country and be limited/restricted in some countries.
source
Old Jan 23, 2017, 1:09 pm

Finally! I would prefer free like Tmobile but $10 a day is much much better than the old Passport plan.
Old Jan 23, 2017, 4:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
Sounds almost exactly like Skyroam. I'm happy with my Skyroam ($8 per 24 hours of use in as many countries as you can visit in those 24 hours). Plus, it works on up to 5 devices and offers unlimited data.
Old Jan 23, 2017, 4:19 pm

Gosh, what an innovative idea. Maybe another large U.S. provider will duplicate this and offer the exact same plan!
Old Jan 23, 2017, 4:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
Here's my secret hope: eventually, for competitive reasons, the major U.S. cell phone providers will allow us to roam with our domestic plans ANYWHERE in the world without added costs!

Maybe the $10/day is an incremental step in this direction!
Old Jan 23, 2017, 5:16 pm

Originally Posted by boberonicus
Gosh, what an innovative idea. Maybe another large U.S. provider will duplicate this and offer the exact same plan!
US Cellular? Who else is left?
Old Jan 24, 2017, 11:07 am

Sorry, it was a dumb joke. I should have said "AT&T finally gets on board and copies Verizon's 2015 initiative." I do have a pal that left AT&T last year because the AT&T international plan was deficient by comparison.

What's interesting to me is that carriers seem to be converging on similar plans, similar coverage, upgrade incentives - or lack thereof. With this AT&T feature, and if the latest Sprint ad campaign ("we're 99% as good") is to be believed, I have less reason to stick with Verizon.
Old Jan 24, 2017, 12:15 pm

Programs: UA Pt, Marriott Ti, Hertz PC
The major difference between this and Verizon appears to be Canada and Mexico. I believe you can get free roaming if you're on an AT&T unlimited plan, but otherwise appear to be stuck with the standard $10 day pass rate. Verizon, at least, has those countries for $2/day. Otherwise, looks largely the same.
Old Jan 24, 2017, 3:45 pm

Programs: DL PM/1MM, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by gobluetwo
The major difference between this and Verizon appears to be Canada and Mexico. I believe you can get free roaming if you're on an AT&T unlimited plan, but otherwise appear to be stuck with the standard $10 day pass rate. Verizon, at least, has those countries for $2/day. Otherwise, looks largely the same.
I'm on a basic $50/month 2GB AT&T plan and their Mexico Roaming package is free. Unlimited calls/texts, 1GB free data, then $20 per additional GB.
Old Jan 24, 2017, 6:03 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Roaming in Mexico and Canada is free with Verizon's XL and XXL plans (link).
Old Jan 24, 2017, 6:15 pm

The fact that they are trying to charge $10 a day for countries that TMobile gives away and Verizon charge $2 a day for is crazy and not going to go unnoticed -- at least in the border regions.
Old Jan 24, 2017, 6:44 pm

This is so much better than their passport plans! I still envy T-Mobile users (their call quality where I live is so bad that it's not an option for me), but it's a definite step in the right direction.
Old Jan 24, 2017, 7:45 pm

Originally Posted by Dubai Stu
The fact that they are trying to charge $10 a day for countries that TMobile gives away and Verizon charge $2 a day for is crazy and not going to go unnoticed -- at least in the border regions.
Mexico roaming is free for the shared plan. Canada is more tricky. I got the old Roaming Canada plan because I saw a thread here saying that you could call and ask for it. It is not the same as the current Roam North America plan which includes Mexico and Canada.. the North America plan only available for Direct TV subscribers. But the CSR could add the discontinued Roam Canada plan. I asked nicely and got it added just before my Canada trip last year. Also the Roam Canada is different than the others as it does not use your shared data at home.. it just gives you like 1GB of data. So it is not as good for longer trip.
Old Jan 25, 2017, 6:22 am

Programs: UA Pt, Marriott Ti, Hertz PC
Thanks for the clarifications on Mexico and Canada. Still not completely clear, but you'd think they would at least mention the exceptions for those countries for those of us not already AT&T customers.
Old Jan 25, 2017, 6:30 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Thanks for the clarifications on Mexico and Canada. Still not completely clear, but you'd think they would at least mention the exceptions for those countries for those of us not already AT&T customers.
Just to clarify, Mexico roaming is NOT free on all current AT&T plans. It is included if you are on a 10GB per month or higher plan. It is NOT included on plans that are less than 10GB per month.

https://www.att.com/shop/wireless/data-plans.html

Regards

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.