Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Technology
Reload this Page >

Fixed Wireless phone tethered with PBX

Old Jan 10, 2017, 10:32 pm
Original Poster

I am working on a project for a remote area where they don't have any landlines. I require to interface a fixed wireless phone with a pbx, so we can have outside calls reach the internal network. Does anyone know of any such device that will achieve the task?
Old Jan 11, 2017, 12:32 am

Programs: No single airline or hotel chain is of much use to me anymore.
You can use the wireless home phone devices for this along side a telco-side hunt group. We have this in a few locations with the Panasonic TDA50 PBX.
Old Jan 12, 2017, 8:49 am

Programs: American Airlines British Airways
Here is the procedure I use for a lab on key system PBXs that require access to an analog phone line. It uses a Bluetooth Cellular Gateway, which is very low cost.

The last method, which we will use here, is to insert a Bluetooth Cellular Gateway between the PBX and any cellular telephone. For example, an XLink BTTN can be used as seen below with the PBX in place of the telephone on the right.

In this type of connection attach the cellular gateway’s top RJ-11 port – DO NOT USE THE BOTTOM PORT AND DO NOT CONNECT THIS DEVICE TO AN ACTIVE PSTN ANALOG TELEPHONE DEMARC - to the CO1 port on the PBX using a standard analog PSTN telephone cable. Power up the cellular gateway by connecting it to electrical power. There is no power switch. Pair the cellular gateway to a Bluetooth enabled cell phone by pressing the button with one dot beside it until the button begins to flash, then activate the Bluetooth pairing function on the cell phone. When the two devices find each other, complete the pairing as required by the cell phone. If the cell phone requires a pairing code use 0000.
Old Jan 14, 2017, 6:50 am

How many lines do you need? Also many major cell phone companies sell land line boxes you can just plug the RJ11 output into each PBX CO port and buy more of these land line simulator boxes. To be clear these boxes were designed for residential but there is no reason you could not buy multiple boxes for as many CO (Central Office) lines you want on your PBX. Also there are very few PBXs now and most are KSU and all are dying out to voice over IP systems.
Old Jan 17, 2017, 9:37 pm

There's a company called RingCentral which is a cloud PBX and they have apps for ios and android that turn the cell phones into virtual extensions of the PBX with their own extension numbers.
Old Jan 19, 2017, 10:59 am

Programs: AA EXP, AS 75K, UA 1MM Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Plat, National EE, Hertz PC
Google "fixed cellular terminal"
Old Jan 19, 2017, 4:05 pm

Programs: No single airline or hotel chain is of much use to me anymore.
That hardware is extremely expensive and excruciating to use with CDMA providers.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.