FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Travel Technology (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/travel-technology-169/)
-   -   Gogo smartphone day pass (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/travel-technology/1796049-gogo-smartphone-day-pass.html)

AlphaTango Oct 12, 2016 11:42 am

Gogo smartphone day pass

We all know that buying a gogo pass in advance saves a fortune compared to the in-air price. I always used to go to www.gogoair.com on my phone at the airport and buy the smartphone daypass for $8.

Since last week, this option has disappeared! If you go to the mobile site, it's not there under "see all passes". The full site (from a PC) still has it.

Anyone else seeing this?

dmxwidget Oct 13, 2016 9:46 pm

I have had similar issues.

Purchased an All Day Mobile Pass on 9/25/16, no issues.

Looked to purchase one on 10/8/16 before my flight and the option was gone. Rep I spoke to was not sure why it wasn't an option anymore.

wcj1 Oct 13, 2016 9:52 pm

This was the direct link to the item, so it might still work for awhile:

https://buy.gogoair.com/groundChanne...S&currency=USD

BarryL Oct 14, 2016 3:58 am

Thanks for this. I was annoyed that GoGo removed this.

rayfes Oct 24, 2016 12:13 am

Thank you wcj1! I can't find this pass anywhere else beyond your link. Hope it keeps working.

BarryL Oct 24, 2016 7:59 pm

Originally Posted by rayfes (Post 27385202)
Thank you wcj1! I can't find this pass anywhere else beyond your link. Hope it keeps working.

Yeah I went ahead and loaded up. Although there's a T-Mobile trick you can try. Use Google.

boerne Oct 26, 2016 1:17 pm

The link from the October 13 post is still working.

live5 Feb 22, 2017 5:46 pm

That link still works today, 2/22. I had several passes on my account and don't use wifi every single time I fly so I just noticed that the option to purchase is gone. Too bad. I can justify $8, but not $19 or whatever a day pass is now. We should stock up on smartphone passes while we still can.

canadia Jun 8, 2017 9:19 pm

Still appears to work

Used the link today and the mobile all day pass shows in my account.

ryandelmundo Jun 13, 2017 5:07 pm

On my last flight it was pretty easy to "hack" free wifi on Gogo, at least on AA. You head to entertainment and try to stream a movie. You're required to download an app, so when u select "visit app store to download," they give you 10'ish minutes of wifi. It's not rock-solid but works good enough as a diversion!

pr09 Jul 14, 2017 3:55 pm

Doesn't work today, now just redirects to the product list page.

cboy Jul 14, 2017 8:03 pm

does Gogo still allow free internet access for TMobile customers?

last time i was on a delta flight to Greece it was an offer for free to TMO customers. I just had to enter the phone# of a tmobile customer

i used my friends # and there is no text confirmation or anything it just let me use the wifi for the rest of the flight.

wcj1 Jul 14, 2017 9:40 pm

It looks like they removed that product from their system finally. Oh well.

And yes, Tmobile still offers a free hour, but not on all airlines. (e.g. United doesn't participate when Gogo is the provider on United Express flights.)

BarryL Jul 15, 2017 10:49 am

Originally Posted by cboy (Post 28562109)
does Gogo still allow free internet access for TMobile customers?

i used my friends # and there is no text confirmation or anything it just let me use the wifi for the rest of the flight.

I do this all the time. They added in a billing zip code, but they removed it shortly after. All you need is a active T-Mo #.

Originally Posted by wcj1 (Post 28562315)
It looks like they removed that product from their system finally. Oh well.

It was a good run. I bought 10 of them last year. Shortly after I discover T-Mo deal.. have only used half my passes. They expire in a couple months.

BlueEngineer Jul 17, 2017 8:28 am

Originally Posted by BarryL (Post 28563890)
I do this all the time. They added in a billing zip code, but they removed it shortly after. All you need is a active T-Mo #.

It was a good run. I bought 10 of them last year. Shortly after I discover T-Mo deal.. have only used half my passes. They expire in a couple months.

The T-Mobile deal has been great for me. Did end up missing out on the fact that a pass or two of mine expired too. Tried to talk to CS about extending it, but wasn't worth the effort of pushing as long as they keep up the deal with TMO.

Just wish United would let me use the TMobile agreement too, thankfully I only fly with them a handful of times a year.