Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Technology
Reload this Page >

Can I insert links to files in Google Sheets? Or suggest a better way to do this :)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Can I insert links to files in Google Sheets? Or suggest a better way to do this :)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2016, 8:11 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz
Original Poster

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite

I need to hire an employee and need a way for the hiring advisory committee to view resumes and leave comments

What I have in mind is something like a Google Sheets document arranged like this:

Name | Link to pdf/Word resume | Cmte Comments | Interview? | Other

Another way to ask the question, I can upload the resume to the appropriate cell in the Google Sheet and then clicking on that cell will view the resume?

And I would also presume that sharing the sheet would also share the embedded (if that's right term here) files.

Is there a way to do what I want to do? Or other suggestions?

Thanks!
Old Aug 25, 2016, 11:32 am

Programs: UA MM (former 1K) - DL PM (former DM) - Marriott Platinum
How to insert hyperlink into Google Sheets

From Google itself:
1. Find and open your spreadsheet.
2. Click the cell in your spreadsheet where you'd like the link to appear.
3. Choose from the following options:
Click the “Insert” drop-down menu and select Link.
Click the link icon in the toolbar.

Not sure if you can embed files directly into a sheet, but perhaps upload the resumes to Google Docs or Dropbox, then just link to those?

Or make separate tabs with each resume, and have the cell link to the correct tab in the sheet?

There are probably a few other ways to accomplish this as well. Best of luck!
Old Aug 30, 2016, 1:18 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plt
It's a little more manual but just upload the docs to Google docs and share them with the same group that has access to the spreadsheet. Then copy each link for each CV and paste into the spreadsheet

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.