Please share your suggestions for buying a new 2 in 1 laptop

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Please share your suggestions for buying a new 2 in 1 laptop

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2016, 8:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 2MM (LT-PLT, PPro for this year)
Originally Posted by maortega15
How is Lenovo as a brand when it comes to quality and durability? Never tried them so I'm curious to know.
Depends.

The Thinkpad lines (T, X, P) they bought from IBM remains consistently among the best built and most durable machines you can buy.

The cheaper lines of Thinkpad (E/Edge, L) are generally pretty good, but definitely cost-reduced relative to the main Thinkpad lines.

Their own-branded (e.g. Ideapad, and Yoga) are really mixed; it ranges from very, very good to quite cheaply built. Really depends on the model, and just like any other make you need to do your research.
Old Jul 31, 2016, 7:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by onthego15
I picked up a Lenovo 710-15 at Best Buy last night. It helped that I had the AMEX offer for $25 off $250 on 3 cards, so I saved $75 off of $799.
Looks like they knocked off $100 from the price today. I see $699.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/lenovo-y...&skuId=5206600
Old Jul 31, 2016, 8:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: Life, Love and Laughter
Thanks!
And their policy is to match price drops if they come within the 15 day return period. ^
Old Aug 2, 2016, 10:29 pm

Programs: AA EXP (2.5MM), Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by msp3
Microsoft Surface. Nothing else even comes close. Some good deals on Surface Pro 4 lately
Had a surface for 1 trip and returned it. The kickstand is great if you have a hard surface deep enough for it, but when trying to use keyboard with it on your lap its a total failure. I went with an HP Spectre X360 a long while back and am still loving it.
Old Aug 3, 2016, 10:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 2MM (LT-PLT, PPro for this year)
While not relevant to the OP, if anyone else if looking for a 2-in-1, there are some extremely good deals on refurbs on the Dell outlet on 13" all-in-ones with a 35% coupon on both home and small business laptops.

The Inspiron 7368 and the Latitude 7350 are both under $500 after coupon; although both are a bit heavy, they're worth considering the former is a decent consumer 2-in-1 with a Yoga-style (360-degree flip) screen and the newer ultrabook processors, the latter is a dockable-style one with a real keyboard (like the Lenovo Helix) with a 2nd battery and a bunch of the ports in the keyboard. It's got a broadwell m5 CPU, not at all fast, but very good battery life when used in laptop mode.

Coupons are good through tomorrow evening central time.
Oops, misread: coupons good through morning tomorrow EST, although at least on the business side there is another round of 30% off replacing the 35%.
http://www.dell.com/learn/us/en/28/c...51&lid=5763415
http://www.dell.com/learn/us/en/22/c...03224100086690

Last edited by nkedel; Aug 3, 2016 at 11:24 pm
Old Sep 26, 2017, 2:11 pm

Programs: Marriott titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, AS, UA, AA, TWA, PAN AM, PSA
Acer has a new model called the Switch Alpha 12. 12" Screen with a detachable keyboard. I've read the reviews and it's highly rated. You can get it with up to an i7 processor and 256GB SSD and it weighs just over 2 Lbs. It''s about half the cost of the Surface Pro.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.