Community
Wiki Posts
Search

T-Mobile Users Get 1 Hour Free GoGo Internet Starting 6/13

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 2017, 7:06 am

Programs: American, SWA, United, IHG,Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by scubadu
I have never had problems using the 1hr per flight, not per day.

Regards
How long ago was this? They may keep updating the software to start limiting it.
Old Apr 29, 2018, 4:56 pm

Does united use GoGo for their WiFi service? I remember flying them before and it wasn’t. Looking to see if anything has changed and if I can get free 1 hour internet on united flights using T-Mobile
Old Apr 29, 2018, 5:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by RedElmo
Does united use GoGo for their WiFi service? I remember flying them before and it wasn’t. Looking to see if anything has changed and if I can get free 1 hour internet on united flights using T-Mobile
They do, but they have a different log in screen. You might luck out on a regional, but all the mainlines have the United login, which doesn't include the ability to use the free service from T-Mobile.
Old Apr 29, 2018, 5:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So many AA flights don't use Gogo, and most United don't, and no Southwest do, right?

It's basically down to Delta, and Delta, FWIW, already gives you free texting the whole time.

I like the benefit, but it's usefulness is waning.
Old Apr 29, 2018, 6:27 pm

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
Air Canada, Alaska, and Delta currently use Gogo. Most of AA's narrowbody fleet still use Gogo, except there are a few that use ViaSat. United uses Gogo on ps 757s, E170/175s and CRJ-700s, but use a custom login screen, which does not offer the T-Mobile option, but the higher priced pre-purchased wifi passes will work.

Last edited by diburning; Oct 7, 2018 at 4:03 pm
Old Apr 29, 2018, 6:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Also hard to know if this feature will survive the merger.
Old Sep 14, 2018, 12:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GE, Marriott Platinum
Used the free hour on an Alaska flight today and it actually worked pretty well on my phone. A speed test came in at around ~1.5 megabits/sec in both directions, which still isn't all that fast but plenty usable for basic browsing and email. We'll see if that gets better or worse once Gogo's satellite service becomes more common.
Old Oct 7, 2018, 3:56 pm
formerly skyccord

Programs: United Premier Platinum, Hertz President Circle, Marriott/SPG Premier Plat Elite, Avis Preferred
Used this on a Delta flight with no issues. I didn't even have my TMobile device I signed in using my account phone number.
Old Feb 16, 2019, 11:04 am

Programs: IATA, Sabre, AvgeekAgent
Originally Posted by tmiw
Used the free hour on an Alaska flight today and it actually worked pretty well on my phone. A speed test came in at around ~1.5 megabits/sec in both directions, which still isn't all that fast but plenty usable for basic browsing and email. We'll see if that gets better or worse once Gogo's satellite service becomes more common.
Just tried this yesterday on AS. Easy enough to logon, everything worked (apps, surfing) but my email using ios native mail app, which kept indicating an error connecting to the server. Any suggestions on how to fix this if it happens again? Thx!
Old Feb 16, 2019, 12:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GE, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by NYC Flyer
Just tried this yesterday on AS. Easy enough to logon, everything worked (apps, surfing) but my email using ios native mail app, which kept indicating an error connecting to the server. Any suggestions on how to fix this if it happens again? Thx!
Do you remember what the error was exactly? I know that when I used to use an iPhone, it'd have issues with the certificate that the router would inject (which is different than the legit ones that various websites/services send out)--but that tended to resolve itself once I paid/logged in.
Old Feb 16, 2019, 5:04 pm

Originally Posted by tmiw
Do you remember what the error was exactly?
Not exactly--the mail app would attempt to check for new messages and then return something generic, like "unable to reach server". I'm flying again Tuesday, so if I get the same error, will make a note. It was strange, because my Scrabble app, etc worked, and I had no issues with Safari. Thanks!
Old Feb 16, 2019, 6:10 pm

Is there no more free 1 hour internet on AA flights with VIA SAT provider?
Old Feb 16, 2019, 6:26 pm

In search for an answer to my email question, I did come across a T-Mobile support page confirming there is NOT. https://support.t-mobile.com/thread/146841
Old Feb 17, 2019, 8:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K
It is only on gogo enabled flights with a standard login. So United is also out.
Old Feb 17, 2019, 9:29 am

Programs: DL Kettle| HH Pot
Originally Posted by NYC Flyer
Not exactly--the mail app would attempt to check for new messages and then return something generic, like "unable to reach server". I'm flying again Tuesday, so if I get the same error, will make a note. It was strange, because my Scrabble app, etc worked, and I had no issues with Safari. Thanks!
Could be the iOS mail app. If it happens again, try to close out the app and re-open it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.