Wiki Posts
Search

T-Mobile Users Get 1 Hour Free GoGo Internet Starting 6/13

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2016, 1:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K
T-Mobile is changing the free GoGo internet offer for June 24th, 25th, and 26th, to include AT&T and Verizon customers.

https://newsroom.t-mobile.com/news-a...-unleashed.htm
Old Jun 24, 2016, 1:40 pm

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
Originally Posted by WIRunner
T-Mobile is changing the free GoGo internet offer for June 24th, 25th, and 26th, to include AT&T and Verizon customers.

https://newsroom.t-mobile.com/news-a...-unleashed.htm
Been waiting for this. ^
Old Jun 24, 2016, 2:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by allset2travel
Been waiting for this. ^
It is just for this weekend. Who knows, they might do something again in the future. THey're all about making AT&T and Verizon look foolish. (which seems to be working.)
Old Jun 24, 2016, 4:48 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by allset2travel
Been waiting for this. ^
Just to be clear, you've been "waiting" literally, for an offer of 1 free hour of slow GoGo internet, on an airplane, that can only be used on your phone (i.e. not tablet, notebook, etc.), for 3 days (this weekend) only? Seriously?

Regards
Old Jun 24, 2016, 4:53 pm

THey're all about making AT&T and Verizon look foolish. (which seems to be working.)
I also think they (Tmobile) did a reasonable job of making themselves look foolish on the epic failed promotion w/Domino's, which literally face planted in two weeks.

Regards
Old Jun 24, 2016, 9:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by scubadu
I also think they (Tmobile) did a reasonable job of making themselves look foolish on the epic failed promotion w/Domino's, which literally face planted in two weeks.

Regards
Once, and the Dominoes issue wasn't even their problem. Dominoes failed to properly prep for it. The fact that the app crashed twice, now that's egg on their face.
Old Jun 25, 2016, 6:07 am

Programs: Kettle Class
FYI: even though the Nexus 6P is not listed as a supported device, I was able to enable Wi-Fi Calling pre-flight, make a quick call, and use the 1 hr. of free web internet to keep myself entertained on DCA-JFK (not just text/IM).

That list of supported devices doesn't appear to be comprehensive. If your phone can do Wi-Fi Calls, it's likely you can make use of this offer.
Old Jun 25, 2016, 6:32 am

Once, and the Dominoes issue wasn't even their problem. Dominoes failed to properly prep for it. The fact that the app crashed twice, now that's egg on their face.
Yea, no. T-Mobile willing engaged Domino's for this promotion, T-Mobile trumped the offering from high on the mountain top. John Legere did his normal obnoxious tweets announcing how T-Mobile customers would get free pizza.

Since at the end of the day this was a T-Mobile promotion, intended to reward existing T-Mobile customers and/or recruit new customers, T-Mobile absolutely had a stake in helping ensuring that the promotion could be successfully executed on. They are not at all blameless in this. In fact, it was likely data from T-Mobile that was provided to Dominos in order to predict participation rates, clearly that data was flawed.

Regards
Old Jun 25, 2016, 8:11 am

Since the number of pizzas were capped at each Domino's store, Domino's knew what the maximum amount could be at any one store, so I would think that Domino's has a higher share of blame.

Regardless, I got the free pizza on the second week. I wasn't planning on going back for another, free or not.
Old Jun 25, 2016, 8:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by scubadu
Yea, no. T-Mobile willing engaged Domino's for this promotion, T-Mobile trumped the offering from high on the mountain top. John Legere did his normal obnoxious tweets announcing how T-Mobile customers would get free pizza.

Since at the end of the day this was a T-Mobile promotion, intended to reward existing T-Mobile customers and/or recruit new customers, T-Mobile absolutely had a stake in helping ensuring that the promotion could be successfully executed on. They are not at all blameless in this. In fact, it was likely data from T-Mobile that was provided to Dominos in order to predict participation rates, clearly that data was flawed.

Regards
And Domino's said "Yeah, sure we'll do that." Then they, Domino's, sent out an e-mail explaining that they, Domino's, were saying "yeah, no." That night Legere tweeted that Domino's was leaving, and it was being replaced by a Lyft credit. Vudu has not had any problems, and Wendy's has things sorted out. The maximum number of pizzas was known, it was no more than 100 per store.

So aside from the server issue that T-Mobile is having (this week they extended things to work until Friday because of it), the Domino's problem is Domino's, not T-Mobile's.
Old Jun 25, 2016, 9:55 am

And Domino's said "Yeah, sure we'll do that." Then they, Domino's, sent out an e-mail explaining that they, Domino's, were saying "yeah, no." That night Legere tweeted that Domino's was leaving, and it was being replaced by a Lyft credit. Vudu has not had any problems, and Wendy's has things sorted out. The maximum number of pizzas was known, it was no more than 100 per store.

So aside from the server issue that T-Mobile is having (this week they extended things to work until Friday because of it), the Domino's problem is Domino's, not T-Mobile's.
I think delivering digital movies and ride credits is a bit different than delivering fresh food.

You can continue to imply that the pink palace does no wrong and it's all Dominos fault if you would like, but at the end of the day, a few facts are really not debatable; it was T-Mobile promotion, highlighted at T-Mobile's "Uncarrier" event, for the benefit of and supposedly as a "thank you" to T-Mobile customers. Noticing a trend here?

So, at the end of the day, if T-Mobile cares about their brand, they should have cared whether their chosen partner could deliver on a T-Mobile promotion.

For the record, I think highly of T-Mobile, and I'd consider switching to them if they could give me a better deal than AT&T (right now they can't), but I'm just saying this was not their shining moment and they certainly own some responsibility for the failure of this promotion.

Regards
Old Jun 26, 2016, 7:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hey y'all, let's keep the discussion on T-mobile's Gogo promotion since that's the thread title. If the OP would like me to change the thread title to encompass all T-mobile promotions, I'm happy to do so - just PM me.

Thanks!
Old Jul 3, 2016, 10:33 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium, TAP Gold
Has anyone had any issues with speed using the free promo? Slower than normal?
Old Jul 3, 2016, 11:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
I hadn't paid to use Gogo before this promo, so have nothing to compare it with, but I wouldn't say the speed was sluggish. I had been concerned that it was one hour continuous from log in, or I'd lose the rest of it, but that turned out not to be the case as I was able to pick up the balance of my hour later in the flight.
Old Jul 3, 2016, 2:24 pm

Programs: AS MVP 75K, DL Diamond, LH SEN, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador
I used the promo on a pmUS A321 Friday afternoon without issues. Oddly enough it worked with both of my phones (one T-Mobile SIM and one AT&T SIM) using the same T-Mobile account info.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.