Search this Thread

Old Jul 1, 2016, 3:31 pm

Originally Posted by gobluetwo
I'll disagree.
You're most certainly welcome to disagree, but in this case you didn't
Old Jul 3, 2016, 10:28 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium, TAP Gold
Originally Posted by docbert
They also announced the QC30 which are the in-ear model, but with a lower 10 hour battery life . Estimated release date of September, RRP of $299.
I'm definitely going to be curious to try these. I have QC20, love them, but wish they were wireless.
Old Jul 5, 2016, 8:54 am

Programs: UA Pt, Marriott Ti, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Dodge DeBoulet
You're most certainly welcome to disagree, but in this case you didn't
You're correct, I misread your initial post.

As to US-based airlines, AA, DL, and UA, at least, do not explicitly address bluetooth. DL does state that "noise reduction headphones" can be used in all phases of the flight. UA only mentions that "radio receivers and transmitters" are not allowed.

As an aside, AA has a crappy search engine which would not return any relevant results when I typed in electronics, personal electronic device, cellular phone, or smartphone. Top hits for UA and DL were relevant. AA also have, by far, the least informative page on the PED policy.

As crappy as AA's search is, at least they returned results. Southwest.com gave me 0 results for any search I conducted re: PEDs and I couldn't find anything just going through their menus.

https://www.united.com/web/en-US/con...t/devices.aspx
http://www.delta.com/content/www/en_...c-devices.html
https://www.aa.com/i18n/travel-info/...nnectivity.jsp
Old Jul 5, 2016, 1:50 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, AA Ex. PLT, Delta Diamond
Originally Posted by lhrsfo
I guess Bose are getting their act together in advance of the iPhone 7 coming out without a headphone jack. However, I still don't understand how you are meant to plug wireless earphones into an airplane's IFE.
The headphones still come with a cable and the adapter to plug them into the airplane seat. They thought of everything for you. So you go from wireless to wired.
Old Jul 5, 2016, 1:55 pm

Originally Posted by omaralt
ok so i was finally ready to buy a set of noise canceling headphones (QC25) and then these decided to come out..

i'll mostly be using it for the IFE and occasionally my phone. bluetooth doesn't really matter to me.. any advantage of buying these? or should i stick with the QC25 (mostly because i like the AAA battery solution)
I would suggest you go with the QC35. They can be used in the wired and wireless mode (it comes with a cable). You won't be able to use AAA batteries because it uses rechargeable batteries. You get slightly better noise cancelling with the QC35. The rechargeable batteries work great for me now whose to say what they will be like one year from now. If batteries is your main factor go with the QC25 if not get the QC35.
Old Jul 5, 2016, 1:59 pm

Originally Posted by scubadu
Have read several positive reviews of these headphones, but have to say, the non-user replaceable batteries might be a show stopper to me. I really don't like "planned obsolescence" of something like $350 headphones, just because the battery goes kaput.

Regards
Almost everyone who purchases a Ipad or similar device does the same thing, hope and pray the rechargeable battery does not die. I don't thing you will have to purchase a whole new set. Bose has great customer service so if anything you will have to send them in and get new batter for a Fee $$.
Old Jul 5, 2016, 2:07 pm

Originally Posted by pnt1
I'm definitely going to be curious to try these. I have QC20, love them, but wish they were wireless.
I heard from a good source that the next version of the qc's (qc40) will have noise cancelling in them. They are suppose be building the technology into the ear piece and away from the rectangle pack. Also, I hear some of the software will be built into the included APP which should work well with Apple's USB rechargeable/headphone theme. Watch our for APPLE because they might take the beats noise cancelling technology and incorporate some of it into the phone so that you can use Beats wireless earbuds in noise cancelling mode. Offload so of the technology into the phone/ipad and some into the wireless earbuds. Or better yet give you noise cancelling features regardless of your headphone type or maker.
Old Jul 5, 2016, 2:47 pm

Originally Posted by jww947
Almost everyone who purchases a Ipad or similar device does the same thing, hope and pray the rechargeable battery does not die. I don't thing you will have to purchase a whole new set. Bose has great customer service so if anything you will have to send them in and get new batter for a Fee $$.
Headphones don't go obsolete from a technology standpoint anywhere near as quickly as tablets, smartphones and computers. By the time it's necessary to replace a tablet due to a failing battery, it's probably too long in the tooth to run the latest software as well.

My QC2s lasted 9 years. There's no way the non-replaceable battery in the QC35s will last that long with regular use.
Old Jul 5, 2016, 8:56 pm

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Dodge DeBoulet
Headphones don't go obsolete from a technology standpoint anywhere near as quickly as tablets, smartphones and computers. By the time it's necessary to replace a tablet due to a failing battery, it's probably too long in the tooth to run the latest software as well.

My QC2s lasted 9 years. There's no way the non-replaceable battery in the QC35s will last that long with regular use.
I hear you. 9 years is a long time. If I was Bose and you came back to me after 9 year, I waould say purchase a new pair. But they have to think that if they make people purchase new head phones every 4-5 years because the non rechargeable battery dies then people will think twice before purchasing one with rechargeable batteries. I would expect a replacement or a fix, especially if nothing is wrong with the phones. Come back to this thread in about 5 years and we will see.
Old Jul 7, 2016, 11:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Originally Posted by jww947
Offload so of the technology into the phone/ipad and some into the wireless earbuds.
Sony already does it - of course not with an iphone
Old Jul 7, 2016, 11:57 am

Only downside of these headphones is that my hairgel tears off the faux-leather if my hair is the least bit wet.
Old Jul 8, 2016, 9:27 pm

Programs: Delta DM 1MM, AA Plat 2 MM, Marriott Ambassador & LTP, JetBlue Mosaic 4, Hilton Gold, United Silver
Has anyone tried the trade-in/trade-up program with QC15s for QC35s?
Old Jul 12, 2016, 11:49 am

Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
Sony already does it - of course not with an iphone
Can you tell me which pair of earbuds/headphones does this?
Old Jul 13, 2016, 4:00 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, UA 1K MM, SPG Plat For Life, Marriott Plat, Nexus/GlobalEntry
Originally Posted by jalm1
I have the QC20 and hate the dongle at the end of the cord, so really interested in the QC30. It seems as though it doesn't have a corded option (only on the QC35). Doesnt bode well for the times i want to use IFE. Plus i have gotten really used to the size of the QC20 carrying case. The QC30 looks a lot larger and bulkier to carry.
Originally Posted by vletnguyen
I started to use the qc20 more for traveling because of the size of it as well, I just wished the dongle was higher up or have more line to plug into device.

I never liked the collar look with the LG ear buds but to each their own.
Originally Posted by lhrsfo
I guess Bose are getting their act together in advance of the iPhone 7 coming out without a headphone jack. However, I still don't understand how you are meant to plug wireless earphones into an airplane's IFE.
I've read every tech blog review I can find on the QC30 written by someone who attended Bose's preview event and got to try them out looking for an answer to the airplane IFE question. They'll work fine on UA and DL's BYOD aircraft with streaming content..but there is no mention anywhere of compatibility with airline IFE. It seems odd Bose wouldn't have a solution like some kind of adapter (for another $99). There is a Bose Connect app that you will be able to use to control the QC30's noice cancellation level.. perhaps the Bose app could be used as a conduit between your phone plugged into the IFE, and the QC30's. That's a wild idea I know... and probably unlikely.

Originally Posted by Siberian_Viktorya
Can anyone tell me if Bluetooth wireless headphones are legal on commercial airliners in the US? I've got plenty of warnings when using them on flights in the US, but I always turn them off if the FA says so.

As others have pointed out..the actual law in the US says says that it is legal for you to use Bluetooth.. whether an airline or FA makes up their own rules or not. I've got a Samsung Gear Bluetooth watch..of course no one has ever said anything about it because they don't know what it is. The QC30's will be the similar (unlike the more noticeable QC35's).

Originally Posted by pnt1
I agree.. I will get them for sure, and if there's no work around for the airplane IFE then I'll just carry around both until there is...I would rather do that than carry one pair of QC35's!
Old Jul 13, 2016, 4:31 pm

Programs: DL, SPG, UA.
The articles i read seemed to infer that the QC30 were being targeted not at travel or full NC but rather the ambient NC like in an office. People pointed to the naming for the QC30 as "QuietControl" rather that "QuietComfort". I have a slight worry that the max NC from the QC30 may not be as strong as the QC35 provides given the marking (although i have no support for this), and would hope that isnt the case.

Depending upon the size of the of the QC30 with the neck wrap portion, it may not be that much more difficult to pack to the QC35s. We will have to see how they actually travel. I may be keeping the QC2's for a long time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.