Community
Wiki Posts
Search

QC20/QC20i - any deals to be found?

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2016, 11:36 am
Original Poster

QC20/QC20i - any deals to be found?

I'm looking to pick up a pair of QC20 earbuds (think I want the QC20i since I'm an iPhone guy), but 300 bucks is a tad steep - are there frequently deals on these anywhere that I should be on the lookout for? Thanks!
Old May 5, 2016, 7:02 pm
Suspended

Probably not. Bose doesn't have an interest in them selling for less than MSRP. Their products do hold their value pretty well so you really should look at MSRP - whatever you sell it for as the actual price.
Old May 6, 2016, 3:45 am

Programs: A3 *G, BA Silver
It's all about timing - there are deals to be had, though they are transient.

I got mine in July 2015 in an Amazon Lightning sale. Ł129 instead of the current Ł259. Unfortunately, you need to keep looking and searching. Use the Camelizer on Amazon to track prices there for you.
Old May 6, 2016, 7:05 am

Programs: B6 Mosaic, UA Gold
I agree with MAN Pax you can find deals but patience and perseverance is key.

You can increase your chances of finding a good deal if you are willing to delve into Ebay. I have seen new sealed in original packing pairs go for as low as $175 - $200 BUT it still takes patience to find a good deal and it is critical to pay very close attention to the details many many pairs of the old model (gray stripe in cord) for sale and / or ones with various issues.
Old May 7, 2016, 9:08 pm

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Platinum Premier
It's hard to find Bose products on sale, but I got Best Buy to pricematch the Bose QC20 to last year's model, that was selling on a website for $239. Ended up getting the newer model at Best Buy for $239, which is decent.
Old May 9, 2016, 8:07 am

Programs: AA PPRO, Marriott/Hilton Gold, AMX-Plat, Global Entry
If you have Amex Membership Rewards points, they are around 45k points on Amazon. That's a better deal than direct through Amex with MR points (~60k).
Old May 10, 2016, 1:28 am

Programs: Marriott Silver, Delta SkyMiles Member, Global Entry,AA Gold
Originally Posted by t325
I'm looking to pick up a pair of QC20 earbuds (think I want the QC20i since I'm an iPhone guy), but 300 bucks is a tad steep - are there frequently deals on these anywhere that I should be on the lookout for? Thanks!
Try the Bose Outlets they have very good deals on Bose Products.
Old May 10, 2016, 4:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MM *G for life, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by t325
Bear in mind that the strong, and most consistent, rumour about the forthcoming iPhone 7 is that it will have no headphone socket, relying instead on Bluetooth. This will render the QC20i redundant for new iPhones.
Old May 10, 2016, 5:53 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by same0717
I agree with MAN Pax you can find deals but patience and perseverance is key.

You can increase your chances of finding a good deal if you are willing to delve into Ebay. I have seen new sealed in original packing pairs go for as low as $175 - $200 BUT it still takes patience to find a good deal and it is critical to pay very close attention to the details many many pairs of the old model (gray stripe in cord) for sale and / or ones with various issues.
Ebay is full of "replicas" , I used to report sellers with blatant fakes and was embarrassed to come back to the sales a couple of weeks later only to find out that the product was sold to an unsuspecting client and the seller not banned, then to see the seller selling another one.
Old May 17, 2016, 11:24 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, AA Ex. PLT, Delta Diamond
Look for a pair of QC15's. They are just as good if not better than the QC25's and they are a lot cheaper since they are an older generation. You can cut off about half the price if you buy QC15's.
Old May 17, 2016, 12:58 pm

Programs: UA 1MM 0P, AA, DL, *wood, Lifetime FPC Plat., IHG, HHD
I picked up a pair earlier this year on the microsoft.com online store. .they were 249$.. it MIGHT have been an .edu deal, as I had previously bought a tablet for a student. But, doesn't hurt to try.
Old May 17, 2016, 3:24 pm

Programs: A3 *G, BA Silver
Originally Posted by jww947
Look for a pair of QC15's. They are just as good if not better than the QC25's and they are a lot cheaper since they are an older generation. You can cut off about half the price if you buy QC15's.
The OP is looking for QC20 - these are the in-ear style, nothing like the QC15/25.
Old May 19, 2016, 12:07 am

Programs: AS - MVP75k, Marriott - Titanium, Hertz - PC
Find a pair of run down Bose QC15s and call Bose Customer Service. They will exchange them for any model you like for a charge. I just exchanged my old QC15s for CC20s and paid $199. Not a huge discount (if you don't have a pair to exchange) but still a good deal. I just tweeted Bose and got the following response:

These headphones are outside of their 1 year warranty, but we do still have the ability to exchange them out for another pair at a discount. In this case we could swap for:

The QC15 at $119
The QC25 at $199
The QC20 (in ear version) at $199.

If you would like to set up an exchange of this type, please contact our technical support group with that same serial # at 800-379-2073 - Hours are M-F 9am to 9pm EST; Saturday 9am-6pm.
You will need to supply the serial number.
Old May 19, 2016, 7:54 am

Programs: Amex Plat, AA, BA Silver, Marriott Plat, Choice Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by Nurse Traveler
Find a pair of run down Bose QC15s and call Bose Customer Service. They will exchange them for any model you like for a charge. I just exchanged my old QC15s for CC20s and paid $199. Not a huge discount (if you don't have a pair to exchange) but still a good deal. I just tweeted Bose and got the following response:

Very nice to know for the future when I might decide that I want to trade in my QC20 earbuds for whatever the latest and greatest is that Bose puts out.
Old May 21, 2016, 7:40 am

Originally Posted by Nurse Traveler

Nice! Is this actually an exchange, or do we get to keep the old model as well? (Wishful thinking, I guess.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.