Wiki Posts
Search

Any recommendations for a two port USB travel charger

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2016, 12:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA, Virgin, Lufthansa
Any recommendations for a two port USB travel charger

I've already got a two port USB UK charger but would like a travel one so I don't need to take extra adapters to US / EU.

I've looked through the four port thread but they were all a bit big for me (unless I missed one)

I quite like the neatness of the Amazon travel charger but it's single port only -http://amzn.to/1SLET04

Any recommendations for something similar with two ports?
Old Feb 4, 2016, 3:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Did you see this thread?

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trave...-solution.html
Old Feb 4, 2016, 4:03 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, AAdvantage
That thread is mostly four ports. The smallest is Aukey 12W / 2.4A which is a bit short on amperage but size wise it's really nice.
Old Feb 4, 2016, 5:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Then how about
this one this one
?
Old Feb 4, 2016, 5:30 pm

Programs: Delta
Originally Posted by gfunkdave
Then how about this one?
I have this same one. I retired about ten other chargers as I haven't found anything this won't charge at the correct voltage. I just used it last week in India in a universal plug and charged geek tech for 3 people including: an Android phone, a Kindle, an Ipad Mini, battery packs for a handheld steadicam, digital camera, bluetooth headphones, a Fitbit and my Pebble smartwatch.
Old Feb 4, 2016, 6:13 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, &c.
I have a re-wirable Power Cube and I love it. It has 2 USB ports; charging my iPad and phone was quite zippy.

It is a bit square and bulky, but it always seems to fit in a corner of a bag somewhere. And I do use it at home as well, and I've bought several of the extended Power Cubes, without the travel adapters, as well. It's a really good design.
Old Feb 4, 2016, 6:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'll also add that I have this Anker 4 port charger and it's only about the size of two OEM Apple iPad chargers.

Amazon.com: Anker 40W 4-Paort USB Wall Charger PowerPort 4, Multi-Port USB Charger with Foldable Plug for iPhone 6s / 6 / 6 Plus, iPad Air 2, Samsung Galaxy S6, Note 5 and More: Cell Phones & Accessories Amazon.com: Anker 40W 4-Paort USB Wall Charger PowerPort 4, Multi-Port USB Charger with Foldable Plug for iPhone 6s / 6 / 6 Plus, iPad Air 2, Samsung Galaxy S6, Note 5 and More: Cell Phones & Accessories
Old Feb 4, 2016, 6:36 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
This is what I use. Cheap and has worked well for 18 months now.
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/100-2...d-eec888090335
Old Feb 4, 2016, 7:11 pm

just make sure both ports put out full power

some of the cheaper ones only do it on one....
Old Feb 5, 2016, 10:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
I have this
4A wall charger 4A wall charger
. I like how it sits flush with the wall, and the ports run parallel with the wall; beneficial when outlets are behind furniture.
Old Feb 5, 2016, 3:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA, Virgin, Lufthansa
Thanks for the recommendations…

I've got a 5 port Anker at home, so will get a friend in the US to order me one of the two port ones (doesn't appear to be available in the UK, and Amazon US won't deliver it)
Old Feb 9, 2016, 6:52 pm

Programs: DL Silver, AS MVP, UA Silver, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, National Exec Elite
The OP doesn't list the devices being used but, if using a phone that supports it, I'd highly recommend something with QC 2.0. If using iOS decives or other non-QC 2.0 devices, I'd just pick a reliable 4.8a/24w charger from the likes of Aukey, Anker, Tronsmart, or the like as long as it has auto-sensing ports and solid reviews... there are plenty to choose from that are roughly the form-factor of a single-port iPad charger. While the 2.4a/12w Aukey 2-port charger mentioned is indeed extremely small, I don't think I'd want to suffer through the slow charge speeds it would produce with 2 modern devices attached, especially if one of them is a high-draw device like a Tablet/Phablet/etc.

I personally travel with an
 Aukey 42w 3-port charger Aukey 42w 3-port charger
(1 x QC 2.0, 2 x 2.4a adaptive ports) as my ONLY charger, with the QC 2.0 port for my phone, one 2.4a port for my tablet/laptop hybrid, and the third for mixed use (such as charging various USB battery packs, android wear watch, etc). It's definitely not the smallest USB charger out there (a little smaller than a deck of cards, about 1.5x the thickness) but it's the ONLY charger I need since it handles what I use as my laptop, my phone, and has another port left for misc use.
Old Feb 10, 2016, 9:27 am

I've got the Mu dual-USB charger along with the additional international plugs for my tech dopp.
Old Feb 10, 2016, 10:43 am

This looks great but there is ambiguity over whether this can charge two devices at 2.1A each simultaneously.

Will this charge an iPhone 6 and an iPad Air II at the same time at 2.1A high speed?

BJ

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.