Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Technology
Reload this Page >

Who here Travels with both a Laptop and a Tablet ?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Who here Travels with both a Laptop and a Tablet ?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2016, 4:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 2MM (LT-PLT, PPro for this year)
Originally Posted by JClishe
Actually it's a bit of both. Provide an easy way to port Android apps to Universal Apps. That way, in theory, developers would bring their Android apps to Windows and the Windows Store would benefit. On the other hand, if they provided an emulation layer for Android apps to run on Windows, the Windows Store ecosystem wouldn't benefit.
Apps needn't be universal to be on the Windows Store; it's possible to sell non-universal (PC or Phone specific) Metro/"Modern" apps, or even desktop apps, via the Store. Indeed, last I checked (several months back) most apps weren't universal.

If they provided an emulation layer to run Android apps directly without porting, they could add support for selling Android apps via the Windows Store (indeed, almost certainly would; there's no incentive for Google to allow them to move the Play Store to Windows, and while Amazon probably WOULD try to push their Android App Store to it, there's no particular reason for M$ to want to let them.)

OTOH, unless they (obnoxiously) locked out sideloading, downloading apps via a rooted Android device and then sideloading them on Windows would be an option for technical folks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.