Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Annoying Android Issue: Always Shows "Call Using" Menu Option When Dialing

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2015, 10:24 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Annoying Android Issue: Always Shows "Call Using" Menu Option When Dialing

I searched Google for answers, but nothing popped out as an obvious fix. I configured the native SIP dialer for a trip I took abroad, but now that I'm home I removed that SIP account and changed the dialer option to use SIP for SIP calls (not all calls).

When I try to dial any number, whether from the dial pad or the history log, or even from a link, I get a menu pop-up at asks me "Call Using" and shows me that old SIP account long removed, or my SIM card and I need to tap the SIM card to make the call.

Somehow, Android seems to think that SIP account is still there, but even clearing the dialer cache, rebooting, toggling SIP options, etc., won't get rid of this annoying menu.

If any experts here have an idea, it would be greatly appreciated.
Old Dec 17, 2015, 6:17 am

Some of those SIP apps try to take over dialing. The solution is to uninstall the thing.
Old Dec 17, 2015, 9:13 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
The problem is, this is the native SIP dialer built into Android. I already uninstalled one other SIP dialer and Hangouts Dialer and it didn't help - the menu actually references the SIP account I added to, then removed from the Android dialer.
Old Dec 17, 2015, 10:31 am

Programs: AA-EXP,MAR-LTP;WoH-E;HH-G
You should be able to select "Always" on that popup to save your choice. You could also try to go Settings > Apps > All > <DIALER APP HERE> Clear Defaults, or Settings->Applications->Default Applications and set it there.

If none of that works, the nuclear option is a reset to factory defaults, but that's always a PITA.

Hope that helps!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.