Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Technology
Reload this Page >

IPhone 6 Question

IPhone 6 Question

Old Dec 15, 15, 3:07 pm
Original Poster

IPhone 6 Question

Forgive the simpleton question, but, are all IPhone 6 phones World Phones, i.e., quad band??
Old Dec 15, 15, 3:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If you mean will any iPhone 6 get service worldwide that allows for calling, texting, and some form of data, the answer is yes.

If you're specifically referring to LTE data, then you need to look up your specific phone model on this Apple page and see if it's compatible with the country you're interested in. Even if it's not listed as compatible, you might still get LTE service here and there because your phone might support a subset of the LTE frequencies in use in that country.
Old Dec 15, 15, 4:16 pm
Original Poster

Thank you. That answers my question completely
Old Dec 16, 15, 10:41 pm

Originally Posted by John Isaac View Post
Thank you. That answers my question completely
Yes, but with a minor caveat. iPhone as far back as the original iPhone from 2007 could access GSM bands world-wide. AFAIK 3G is also compatible world-wide. LTE however is a different matter. Since there are so many bands used for LTE the model you have may or may not be compatible with the LTE bands used where you are going. If you search your model iPhone you likely will find that it uses several bands but not all of them.

http://www.apple.com/iphone/LTE/

Search this Thread
Search Engine: