Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Technology
Reload this Page >

iPhone 6s/6s Plus Humblebrag Thread - Who is Getting One Friday or Earlier?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2015, 8:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: PA WorldPass Platinum, AA, DL, LH. GHA Black, SPG and HHonors Gold

Anyone? Bueller?

(I expect one or two here....)
Old Sep 20, 2015, 8:40 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
I've had mine for a few months.
Old Sep 20, 2015, 9:45 pm

Programs: AS 75k, HHonors Diamond, SPG Gold, Marriott Plat, ect.
Credit card was charged today for two new phones, I expect they will ship tomorrow from China for delivery on Friday.
Old Sep 21, 2015, 7:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

My credit card was charged Friday and Apple's website says my order is preparing for shipment, estimated delivery this Friday.
Old Sep 21, 2015, 8:57 am

Programs: SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat, PC Plat, Hilton Gold
Switched to T-Mobile about 6 weeks ago, got on Jump on Demand with the iPhone 6 and then pre-ordered with them (was quite a mess, but worked out well in the end). Got notification that my 6s Plus and 4 out of the 5 6s' have shipped, waiting to hear about the 6s Rose Gold (which is also expected to ship in time) - should have them all on Friday. Will be a busy few hours getting all of them setup.

This is actually a big deal for us since T-Mobile has deployed 700MHz (Band 12) in our area and the iPhone 6 didn't support it, should make a noticeable improvement to our coverage. Plus, it's nice to get a decent discount on a brand new iPhone
Old Sep 21, 2015, 9:10 pm

Programs: AA Exp Plat, UA 1K MM, DL Plat Hyatt Globalist, MGM Noir
Picking mine up at the Apple Store on Friday at 9:00am.
Old Sep 22, 2015, 12:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA-2MM; GalacticXpress-Irridium
My 6S Plus arrived in SDF an hour or so ago. On track for Friday delivery.
Old Sep 22, 2015, 5:51 am

Programs: Hilton: Diamond/Everything else: Kettle...
Got my shipping notification last night and tracking number...

J
Old Sep 22, 2015, 6:24 am

I have a 6 and am struggling whether to upgrade.

The thing that gets me is that I am not sure why forced touch ("3d touch") is needed for flyouts on apps. Why can't that be simply implemented with a long press making the delete the app one of the options on the flyout menu. That feature feels like it was intentionally held back with no legitimate technical reason for that.
Old Sep 22, 2015, 8:12 am

Programs: SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat, PC Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Dubai Stu
I have a 6 and am struggling whether to upgrade.
Yeah, in most cases it's hard to find compelling reasons to upgrade from a 6 to a 6s. The camera improvements are nice, 3D Touch has good potential and will come into it's own as third-party apps fully implement it. The significantly larger number of LTE bands makes it an even better world phone for the frequent flyers here.

My main reason to upgrade is for the new 700MHz Band 12 support since I just switched from Verizon to T-Mobile, and the bulk of T-Mobile's expanded coverage has been on that band - it dramatically changes my coverage experience, and coupled with T-Mobile's discount on the Jump on Demand plan, makes sense for me to upgrade.
Old Sep 22, 2015, 8:35 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Hmm, I have a Nokia E71. I should probably upgrade, but you all know me. It will be a while

But threads discussing the differences between models come in handy for when I'm in stores & the reps try to sell me on something new. Was at a store a few weeks ago & when I mentioned I had a Kindle Fire HD that was keeping me going during my laptop trevails, it was suggested that I buy a Fire phone. Uh - even I know better than that!

If I was traveling more (my travel is down quite a bit due to bizness being down) I probably would have switched to Android or iOS phone, but for now the Nokia is fine. But when it really is time to swap out for a new one, I'll be reading threads in this forum discussing models, features, pros/cons.

Cheers.
Old Sep 22, 2015, 8:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

My gray 64GB Verizon 6s still hasn't shipped, but still says Friday is the estimated delivery...
Old Sep 22, 2015, 9:18 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Lifetime PLT
If you dont have a tracking number yet on the apple site you can follow this procedure to see the status of your shipment

http://www.macrumors.com/2015/09/21/...ing-iphone-6s/
Old Sep 22, 2015, 12:57 pm
Original Member

Location: The shape-shifting urban sprawl that is El Lay. FT member #71.
Programs: UA Gold & MM; DL & AA credit card dirt status; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Fool's Gold
I ordered a 6s for my wife through Verizon on "opening day", and it was originally indicated to be shipped on September 30. This later date was due to a shortage of the device in the color she wanted (Rose).

Just got an email from Verizon showing it shipped with:"The expected delivery date for your order is 09/25/2015" . What is odd about it is that when you click on the shipment link in the message, the UPS site says "Label Created On: 09/24/2015". Can't say I've ever seen a label "created" two days in advance. UPS' site does note the shipment will be Next Day Air Saver.
Old Sep 22, 2015, 1:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
I would ask for the Returns label now just to be on the safe side knowing Apple.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.