Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Technology
Reload this Page >

Rockwell Collins Airshow Map Simulator for Home

Old Sep 16, 2015, 11:03 pm
Original Poster

I was wondering if it would be possible to get a Rockwell Collins Airshow Map that they show on the airplanes as a simulator. Is it possible to get a Flight Information Computer/ACARS Simulator(to be able to do the Gate Connect Function) as well as to input Mock Flights and have the Map show the entire flight with the Flight info including Outside Air Temperature/Distance to Destination Etc?

I have a Projector at Home and was wondering if I could get a IFE Controller for the home(possibly from Thales Rockwell Collins or Panasonic) . With my setup I can stream audio from my server at home, Blue Ray for Movies and other content stored on the server.

I know this may be expensive and quite an odd question.

With regards to the Gate Connect Feature how would I set this up on my computer and for the ACAR system to request the latest Gate Information? Could I even connect to a real-time FLIFO service and have it retrieve information and display it as part of the Airshow feature?

I also want to be able to show a "Thank You For Flying With Us Message" when the Simulated Flight lands and a Fasten Seatbelt info.

On YouTube I would show the safety briefing videos and even the old United Arrivals Video before landing.

Any thoughts on my idea? I'm sure there other people here on FT who love watching the Airshow Map for the flight and would love to play around with the various settings. What I would like to do is add waypoints of small towns and villages as part of the Airmap, along with the Compass showing how far one is from various Point Of Interest.

Thanks in advance for any advice.
Old Sep 17, 2015, 1:52 am

My serious answer is probably $2 - $5 million plus a six figure annual support cost.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.