Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Technology
Reload this Page >

Global Cash Card?

Global Cash Card?

Old Jun 26, 2015, 6:18 pm
Original Poster

Global Cash Card?

Hi all,

I have been offered payment for a contract using 'Global Cash Card' instead of a cheque. Does anyone have any experience with this? How easy is it to access the money? I gather that cash can be withdrawn with no fee in a limited number of countries (FX charges?), but what about normal payments like paying rent/mortgage, utilities or other credit card bills? Does it make a difference if one lives or travels outside the US?

Thanks

Dr. PITUK
Old Jun 26, 2015, 11:40 pm

Programs: Dirt
I am 100% against payroll cards. Employers offer them because they get a kickback from the issuers, and the underbanked rank and file workers are happy to use them. The issuers turns around and recuperate the money via high card usage fees from the users and processing fees from the merchants.

Don't assume card usage fees are low. It varies based on the agreement between the employer and GCC. Google global cash card fees and you can see the fee schedules for some companies.

Here is a recent article on pay cards:
http://consumerist.com/2015/06/02/fo...pa-says-judge/
Old Jun 27, 2015, 5:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
Originally Posted by painintheuk
Hi all,

I have been offered payment for a contract using 'Global Cash Card' instead of a cheque. Does anyone have any experience with this? How easy is it to access the money? I gather that cash can be withdrawn with no fee in a limited number of countries (FX charges?), but what about normal payments like paying rent/mortgage, utilities or other credit card bills? Does it make a difference if one lives or travels outside the US?

Thanks

Dr. PITUK
IME
Stay with cheques from known financial institutions or direct bank wire transfer.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.