Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Technology
Reload this Page >

Get back to the hotel wifi log in screen to order faster speed?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Get back to the hotel wifi log in screen to order faster speed?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2021, 12:19 pm

This worked for me! Thanks for the tip.
Old Feb 17, 2021, 12:20 pm

Originally Posted by jshmoe630
Looks like this thread has been going for a while, but if this helps anyone:
I clicked on the wifi icon, and under the hotel network went to "Properties"

It gives me an option for "Random Hardware Address." I turned this on. I then reconnected and it gave me the log in page again. I then turned this function back off.

Hope this helps someone!
Old Feb 17, 2021, 12:50 pm

Originally Posted by EdwardLThompson
Just be aware that if your corporate network is secure this could cause you problems in the future. At my company, only known, trusted devices are allowed to connect over WiFi. Our DHCP server has a "whitelist" of known hardware addresses (MAC addresses), and if you aren't on the list you aren't connecting to the network without at least having a conversation with our IT security people.
Old Feb 20, 2021, 9:34 am

Programs: DL DM+(segs)/MM, UA Ag, Hilton DM, Marriott Ti (life Pt), TSA Opt-out Platinum
Originally Posted by Qwkynuf
Just be aware that if your corporate network is secure this could cause you problems in the future. At my company, only known, trusted devices are allowed to connect over WiFi. Our DHCP server has a "whitelist" of known hardware addresses (MAC addresses), and if you aren't on the list you aren't connecting to the network without at least having a conversation with our IT security people.
I know it's prob not your call, but if that's all they're doing, it's a very flawed plan. MAC spoofing (which renders MAC filtering useless) has been around for about 20 years. They should invest in more robust security like 802.1x.
Old Feb 20, 2021, 12:38 pm

Originally Posted by HDQDD
I know it's prob not your call, but if that's all they're doing, it's a very flawed plan. MAC spoofing (which renders MAC filtering useless) has been around for about 20 years. They should invest in more robust security like 802.1x.
I'm sure it's not. At my company, I am sure it is but one layer of a nuanced and complicated system engineered to give the IT team every opportunity to exact revenge for how we treated them in high school. I look for reasons to avoid interacting with them whenever I can. Much like high school!
Old Mar 8, 2021, 4:47 pm

This worked for me!!
Old Jul 27, 2021, 1:47 am

Originally Posted by jshmoe630
Looks like this thread has been going for a while, but if this helps anyone:
I clicked on the wifi icon, and under the hotel network went to "Properties"

It gives me an option for "Random Hardware Address." I turned this on. I then reconnected and it gave me the log in page again. I then turned this function back off.

Hope this helps someone!
I tried everything on this page and the solution that worked for me was the "Random Hardware Address'

Thank you
Old Feb 3, 2024, 7:18 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
I had this at the Hilton Sandton today as I arrived before my room was ready

I spoke with their provider and they told me i could use the url 'logout.com'. this has worked here, it took me to a screen confirming i wanted to logout. After i confirmed that it took me to the log in screen

Last edited by scottishpoet; Feb 3, 2024 at 9:16 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.