Wiki Posts
Search

New Bose QC25 Noise Cancelling Headphone

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2014, 7:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: EBG, M&M SEN, FB Gold
Bose seems to have a new QuietComfort model on the way

It seems like Bose have a new QuietComfort model on the way. The model should be called QC25 and lookes like this:

According to Bose they will not confirm it as it is stated on Bonusfeber that have contacted Bose in DK:

http://bonusfeber.dk/nye-bose-hovedtelefoner-paa-vej/ (Danish site but you can use Google Translate)

Anyone who knows more?

Br,
Henrik
Old Aug 22, 2014, 5:49 pm

Programs: BA, *A, Hertz Goldstar, Mucci wannabee, Waitrose, safari Oleg
funnily enough I received a survey today that wanted to ask me about wireless headphones and noise cancelling.

probably just a coincidence.
Old Sep 3, 2014, 5:53 pm

And they're out - will link to pics in a tick!

Bose releases new QuietComfort 25 noise-cancelling headphones

* New Bose QC25s replace QC15s
* Same RRP, at least in AU ($399)
* Headphones still work when AAA battery runs out
* Available in black and white 'with blue accents' – white appears to also get the blue audio cable but black sticks with a black cable (thank God!)
* Folds into a smaller footprint for a more compact carry-case
Old Sep 3, 2014, 5:56 pm

Old Sep 5, 2014, 8:16 am

Programs: AA,UAL & DL
New Bose QC25 Noise Cancelling Headphone

Will replace the QC15-

http://www.bose.com/controller?url=/...4&src=K7377044

http://www.cnet.com/products/bose-quietcomfort-25/
Old Sep 16, 2014, 4:47 am

Programs: Diamond Hilton, Gold Marriott
I got mine a few days ago, have not gone on any trips with them yet, but I've used them around the house a bunch and I really like them. The carrying case is much smaller than I expected. These are my first QC-series headphones so I can't compare them to the QC15's.
Old Sep 16, 2014, 7:30 am

Originally Posted by Groundpounder
I got mine a few days ago, have not gone on any trips with them yet, but I've used them around the house a bunch and I really like them. The carrying case is much smaller than I expected. These are my first QC-series headphones so I can't compare them to the QC15's.
How's the fit around the ear? Does your ear feel hot and stuffy when you use it for an extended period of time?
Old Sep 16, 2014, 7:43 am
Suspended

I'll get excited when these things stop requiring AAA batteries.
Old Sep 16, 2014, 7:50 am

I had the QC15 for years, then switched to the QC20 and I won't be going back to over-ear head phones.
Old Sep 16, 2014, 10:14 am

Originally Posted by pricesquire
I'll get excited when these things stop requiring AAA batteries.
What batteries would you prefer? My venerable QC2s run on a single AAA and are good for at least 3 coast-to-coast RTs. Carrying spares costs virtually nothing in bulk/weight.
Old Sep 16, 2014, 11:08 am

Originally Posted by BradnerBoy
I had the QC15 for years, then switched to the QC20 and I won't be going back to over-ear head phones.
Is the NC still good and size reduction the main reason for choosing QC20 over 25? How is the comfort comparing them after wearing for several hours?

I've been debating the QC20 in ear vs QC 25 over ears. It'll be my first pair of NC headphones and I have small ears. The Bose sales associate told me that the QC20 is better at canceling high frequency noises which I'd like to smooth out the high pitched children.
Old Sep 16, 2014, 9:23 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by Dodge DeBoulet
What batteries would you prefer? My venerable QC2s run on a single AAA and are good for at least 3 coast-to-coast RTs. Carrying spares costs virtually nothing in bulk/weight.
Just the fact that they're using disposable batteries is annoying. Why a pair of $300 headphones isn't coming with a rechargeable lithium ion battery is beyond me.
Old Sep 16, 2014, 10:11 pm

Programs: SQ TPPS, Hyatt Dia, SPG Gold, Shangri-La(h) Jade
Originally Posted by freecia
Is the NC still good and size reduction the main reason for choosing QC20 over 25? How is the comfort comparing them after wearing for several hours?

I've been debating the QC20 in ear vs QC 25 over ears. It'll be my first pair of NC headphones and I have small ears. The Bose sales associate told me that the QC20 is better at canceling high frequency noises which I'd like to smooth out the high pitched children.
Hi,
I tried the QC20s recently in store and I felt the phones themselves were a bit heavy in the ear. I used to own a pair of IE2s without the noise cancelling and they felt lighter but don't serve the purpose of noise cancellation. The other issue with the QC20 seems to be that under the phones themselves, the coating of the cable seems to fray which leaves the wires exposed and eventually the sound cuts out. Given Bose's limited warranty - this leaves me uneasy. I had the same issue with the IE models but those were relatively inexpensive to replace once the warranty expired.

I have a 3 year old pair of QC15s and am looking forward to picking up a pair of Colorware QC25s when they go on sale in November.
Old Sep 17, 2014, 1:38 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Exploralist, Marriot Silver
Originally Posted by freecia
There's an entire thread with multiple opinions dedicated to the 20i. For me, I have both the 20i and the 25. I prefer the 20i. NC is just as good and the size reduction makes a big difference in my carry on. I also find them more comfortable wearing for hours. But as I said, there are many different opinions, so please peruse the thread yourself.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trave...earphones.html
Old Sep 17, 2014, 1:44 am

Originally Posted by Pinned
Just the fact that they're using disposable batteries is annoying. Why a pair of $300 headphones isn't coming with a rechargeable lithium ion battery is beyond me.
To each his own. I'd much rather not run the risk of a dead battery with very limited recharging options, especially in-flight.

A replaceable and rechargeable battery would be a good option, as long as it's a standard size/voltage and the headphones supported in-device charging.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.