Community
Wiki Posts
Search

iphone 6 discussion thread

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25, 2014, 11:12 am
Suspended

Programs: DL SM, UA MP.
For jeans, it has to be a certain size to fit a phone which is that big in the front pocket in the first place. Do the average size of jeans worn by people have pockets big enough?
Old Sep 25, 2014, 11:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So what should we all do? Use those super-cool belt holsters?
Old Sep 25, 2014, 11:59 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by josephstern
That works quite well for me and all my phones have remained unbent.

Of course, I don't make functionality choices based on perceived "coolness" so YMMV.

Regards
Old Sep 25, 2014, 12:06 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by SRQ Guy
I've been carrying my similarly-sized Samsung Galaxy Note 2 in my front pocket for nearly 2 years without any issues. @:-)

People carry their phones in their pockets. That's normal use and the device should be able to withstand that. i'd make an argument that sitting on it is not necessarily normal use, but front pocket carrying certainly is.
I completely agree with you that carrying a phone in the front pocket is indeed normal use. I don't personally do that but it's a completely valid usage model.

I'm reserving judgment at this point, as I've come to notice that Apple, at this point is almost always "targeted" at the launch of every new product with people who desire to embarrass the company and "catch" them with something. So I'd like to see more information before passing judgement.

However, having said that, if these cases are true, it is indeed very disappointing. I struggle to believe a company of Apple's size, market share, and customer base doesn't do common "torture testing" of devices that should surface issues such as this much earlier in the development process.

Regards
Old Sep 25, 2014, 12:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton Gold, DL DIrt Medallion
Originally Posted by scubadu
That works quite well for me and all my phones have remained unbent.

Of course, I don't make functionality choices based on perceived "coolness" so YMMV.

Regards
My phones have always remained unbent even as I keep them in my front pocket.

I don't like holsters because it's just one more thing to remember in the morning. I'm trying to simplify my life, not complicate it.
Old Sep 25, 2014, 1:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Sometimes known as [ARG:6 UNDEFINED]
It's a plot to make us all carry murses.
Old Sep 25, 2014, 1:38 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Plastic-body phones like the Samsung ones hold up to bending better than phones with such extensive aluminum use for the phone body.

I use heavy duty cases on my phones in this price range. My phone goes in my stuffed cabin bag or in screening checkpoint bins too often to last very long without such a case. And the good condition (due to great case protection) after a couple of years of use helps provide for reasonable resale value.

I can't imagine having a 6plus let alone sticking it in my pant pockets, but obviously others do find it part of their normal daily routine. Doing so without a case is what many people seem to do.
Old Sep 25, 2014, 1:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton Gold, DL DIrt Medallion
Originally Posted by DenverBrian
It's a plot to make us all carry murses.
Old Sep 25, 2014, 3:11 pm

Anyone know if the dock for the 5/5s is compatible with the 6/6 Plus or not and is the connector reversible as they say or is it still the same?
Old Sep 25, 2014, 5:13 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold
Originally Posted by Need
Okay I finally made it to the Apple store to look at the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus in person. The 6 looks so small. My wife has the 5s and I expected the 6 to look a bit bigger but it is really barely bigger than the 5s. The 6 Plus is exactly the same size as I expected and it is pretty much identical to my Note 2.

I don't think I could downsized to the 6. It is just too small. Now with the reports of the 6 plus bending, I am not so sure about getting 6 plus. I put my Note 2 in the front jeans pocket. Maybe I should stay with the Android phone and wait for the new iPad Mini to be announced in October.
Me being a fandroid but why would you downgrade to an iphone lol.

Gonna stick with my rooted Republic Wireless Moto X (stock RW rom, 4.4.2). Plan is as cheap as chips: $10 a month for unlimited talk and text (sprint), wifi data.
Old Sep 26, 2014, 10:49 pm

Originally Posted by maortega15
Anyone know if the dock for the 5/5s is compatible with the 6/6 Plus or not and is the connector reversible as they say or is it still the same?
The 6/6+ use the same lightning connector that all other iOS devices with a lightning port. Whether or not it fits any particular dock will depend on the particular docking station and how much room is around the connector.
Old Sep 27, 2014, 3:47 pm

Programs: UA, AA, DL, B6, CX, KE, Latitude, VIFP, Crown & Anchor, etc.
Ouch - here's "objective testing" from Consumer Reports - 6Plus is relatively stronger than the smaller 6's - http://7online.com/technology/consum...-tests/326382/ Interesting findings, to say the least.

Surprisingly enough, none of our younger nephews & nieces with 5s' have upgraded or ran out to tradeup theirs ... yet.
Old Sep 27, 2014, 6:09 pm

Originally Posted by Letitride3c
Ouch - here's "objective testing" from Consumer Reports - 6Plus is relatively stronger than the smaller 6's - http://7online.com/technology/consum...-tests/326382/ Interesting findings, to say the least.
A Wired magazine article just posted that the author's iPhone 6 Plus is also bent just from normal usage:

http://www.wired.com/2014/09/iphone-6-plus-review/
Old Sep 27, 2014, 6:15 pm

Programs: Global Entry
Smile

Originally Posted by EmptyKim
VoLTE works on Verizon. Used it the other day to talk on the phone look up NFL game times. Its about time.
Yep!!
Old Sep 28, 2014, 12:35 pm

Originally Posted by Letitride3c
Ouch - here's "objective testing" from Consumer Reports
Based on the quotes you used, it sounds like it wasn't objective at all, right?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.