Wiki Posts
Search

Recommend a Qi charger

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2017, 6:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton Gold, DL DIrt Medallion
Originally Posted by Cardboard55
I don't like the stand chargers on my nightstand. I find it too easy to accidentally knock the phone off (and down to the floor) when I'm fumbling around for it in the dark. I use the lay down pad type on the nightstand, and the stand type for my desk.
What kind of phone do you have? If it's an Android you can set it to show a clock when it's charging. That makes it very easy to see where your phone is even in the dark.

My phone is now my bedside alarm clock.

Last edited by SRQ Guy; Dec 11, 2017 at 9:03 am
Old Dec 11, 2017, 1:07 pm

any problems with Qi charging an older Nexus 6 ?

the charging plug does not go all the way in as of yesterday so I cannot charge it ......GRRRRR

the back of the phone has a "factory" bump in it , will that be a problem that its not 100% flat ?

Hoping the Qi charger will let me use the Nexus 6 again......

thanks for your ideas
Old Dec 12, 2017, 6:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton Gold, DL DIrt Medallion
Originally Posted by LAXlocal
any problems with Qi charging an older Nexus 6 ?

the charging plug does not go all the way in as of yesterday so I cannot charge it ......GRRRRR

the back of the phone has a "factory" bump in it , will that be a problem that its not 100% flat ?

Hoping the Qi charger will let me use the Nexus 6 again......

thanks for your ideas
I sitll occasionally use my nexus 6, and I only charge it using Qi.

Have you tried a new cord? I found mine to chew up usb cords like crazy. A new one always worked for a while, though.
Old Dec 13, 2017, 8:13 pm

Programs: DL DM 1MM, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, UA PS, VX, Natl EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by hull22
Any recs for a Qi charging capable battery pack?
Assuming we're talking about the same thing, this thing is awesome. Not the fastest charge you'll ever get, but lasts me 2-3 days. http://amzn.to/2Bk6Wmi
Old Dec 14, 2017, 4:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by inthecloud
Assuming we're talking about the same thing, this thing is awesome. Not the fastest charge you'll ever get, but lasts me 2-3 days. http://amzn.to/2Bk6Wmi
I have a similar one, except it's just 8000 mAh. It's nice and does the job. I did drop it once, and now there is some plastic rattling inside.
Old Nov 20, 2018, 9:00 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Elite
Costco has a pair for $35 starting next week until New Years. Are these any good?

https://www.costco.com/Ubio-Labs-10W...100425275.html

Am wondering if it's worth getting one of the Apple-certified ones the Apple Store sells instead...
Old Jun 11, 2019, 3:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

My 3-year-old Itian qi charging stands are starting to fail. I did a search for qi charging stands that use USB-C, and I found this one...

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07P64PVR7/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07P64PVR7/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It's very sturdy and heavy, and it works as expected. If I had to complain, it's a bit high off the ground, so I can't really put it under my monitor at work. First world problems.

They had a 30% off coupon which made it almost $16, but the current $18-ish price is also a decent deal.
Old Jun 14, 2019, 7:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Sometimes known as [ARG:6 UNDEFINED]
Originally Posted by pseudoswede
My 3-year-old Itian qi charging stands are starting to fail. I did a search for qi charging stands that use USB-C, and I found this one...

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It's very sturdy and heavy, and it works as expected. If I had to complain, it's a bit high off the ground, so I can't really put it under my monitor at work. First world problems.

They had a 30% off coupon which made it almost $16, but the current $18-ish price is also a decent deal.
I have three of these Ankers at home/work and they work flawlessly - about as low to the ground as you get, so they might fit under your monitor.

Amazon Amazon
Old Jun 17, 2019, 11:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DenverBrian
I have three of these Ankers at home/work and they work flawlessly - about as low to the ground as you get, so they might fit under your monitor.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07DBXZZN3/
Mrs. Swede and I each have a similar one on our nightstands. They work great.

I just discovered that I can kind of slide the bottom of my new stand under my keyboard. First world problem disaster averted.
Old Oct 27, 2020, 5:34 pm

Programs: UA 1K and PP, AA PPro (3MM, former CK), Marriott Ambassador and LTT, Uber One
Anyone have any updated recommendations? I am especially interested in units well-suited for travel. Bonus points for USB C input.
Old Oct 27, 2020, 7:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

there was a company doing something like canceled apple airpower, did it happen and did it work ?
Old Oct 28, 2020, 1:30 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
there was a company doing something like canceled apple airpower, did it happen and did it work ?
This one?

https://satechi.net/products/trio-wireless-charging-pad
Old Oct 29, 2020, 9:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
There are so many varieties out there now. Just do a search on Amazon for "apple watch charging stand" or "3 in 1 apple wireless charger".

I don't understand why people still buy flat wireless chargers. The perk of wireless charging is that the phone can be at a good viewing angle and still charge.
Old Oct 30, 2020, 1:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Sometimes known as [ARG:6 UNDEFINED]
There are so many varieties out there now. Just do a search on Amazon for "apple watch charging stand" or "3 in 1 apple wireless charger".

I don't understand why people still buy flat wireless chargers. The perk of wireless charging is that the phone can be at a good viewing angle and still charge.
One of those in white is going to make a super birthday present to a friend!
Old Oct 30, 2020, 5:39 pm

Programs: UA 1K and PP, AA PPro (3MM, former CK), Marriott Ambassador and LTT, Uber One
I think you mean "a" perk That, to me, is one of the least important benefits. And some of my flat chargers are positioned so that I have a fine viewing angle. But I suspect people buy flat chargers for compactness (especially when traveling) and cost. Another concern with angled chargers is whether the coils will properly align with future phones.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.