Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Technology
Reload this Page >

How do you hook-up USB Borescope Endoscope to Android phone / Tablet or iPad ?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2014, 4:21 pm
Original Poster

I want to hook up a cheap Ebay Borescope Endoscope to an android smart phone or tablet or an iPad

I would like to use it to inspect motors , carbs and find my keys down in the sofa and my rin down the sink !

Anyway is there a way to do this , I know there are SD card "boxes" that plug into iPads , galaxy tabs etc , I am just not sure if there are USB "boxes" and if they have the the voltage / power it will need to power the Borescope / Endoscope

Any ideas ?

Thanks
Old Feb 11, 2014, 5:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

What you'll need is a WiFi version like this:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...prd_builder-20

Alternatively, if you like headaches, try a USB OTG cable and this software:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...rial.usbcamera

It is made for generic USB cameras, but reviews suck. There are other USB camera apps out there, but the key is a good USB OTG cable to power it, and an Android device with OTG support of course.

I'm not aware of ANY way to do this wired on an iPad.

Of course, you could also just buy an endoscope with built in display, but I like the way you are thinking, why take the easy route
Old Feb 11, 2014, 5:52 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ScottC

Of course, you could also just buy an endoscope with built in display, but I like the way you are thinking, why take the easy route
I like the idea of a bigger display and one that you can expand the image, which you cannot get with the all in one ,

plus the WOW factor....

and I could have used it today as I thought I "might" have dropped a screw down a carb ,,,,,,, DOOH
Old Nov 14, 2014, 4:53 am

I am stuck with the same problem? How do I connect a cheap boroscope to my android phone? Any help will be great.
Old Sep 8, 2015, 6:06 am

Originally Posted by LAXlocal
I want to hook up a cheap Ebay Borescope Endoscope to an android smart phone or tablet or an iPad

I would like to use it to inspect motors , carbs and find my keys down in the sofa and my rin down the sink !

Anyway is there a way to do this , I know there are SD card "boxes" that plug into iPads , galaxy tabs etc , I am just not sure if there are USB "boxes" and if they have the the voltage / power it will need to power the Borescope / Endoscope

Any ideas ?

Thanks
You can get one with the micro USB plug on eBay for $25. Don't get a WiFi one.
Old Jul 23, 2016, 1:51 pm

The small ones on ebay look like good products, I purchased a few but they all produce quite low quality images, not good for post analysis.
The framerate looks low and jittery and the image is pixelated, especially with low light.
The leds on the cam are pointless in some cases such as for septic tanks.
I'm now looking at the crenova iscope which promises a resolution of 1600*1200, not sure if I should trust that...

Anyone know of better quality ones available?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.