Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Technology
Reload this Page >

iPhone Trade-In Program Confusion

iPhone Trade-In Program Confusion

Old Sep 13, 2013, 3:28 pm

Programs: UA 1MM 0P, AA, DL, *wood, Lifetime FPC Plat., IHG, HHD
I just did the amazon trade-in program. 248$ for a iphone 4s 32GB in good condition. I couldn't get near that with apple, and AMZN gets about 10$ of my paycheck yearly anyways.. ;-)
Old Sep 14, 2013, 1:56 pm
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Post Apple Store - trade in options ?

Is there a section on the Apple website where it is explained what the different repair and tarde-in options are.....? Pricing informatiion would also be helpful.

Thanks.
Old Sep 14, 2013, 2:07 pm

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
So what is an IPhone 5 with 64GB worth for these programs...?
Old Sep 15, 2013, 7:36 am

Originally Posted by Gaucho100K
Is there a section on the Apple website where it is explained what the different repair and tarde-in options are.....? Pricing informatiion would also be helpful.
http://www.apple.com/recycling/

http://appleinsider.com/articles/13/...azelle-walmart

http://www.wired.com/gadgetlab/2013/08/apple-trade-in/

I got these doing a regular Google search. You can likely find more if you look.
Old Sep 15, 2013, 3:57 pm

Originally Posted by weekilter
Thanks !!!
Old Feb 20, 2019, 5:34 am

Programs: AA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Elite
With recent high trade-in prices at Apple GiveBack when you buy something in-store (regular not so impressive trade-in values if you buy nothing and just walk out with a gift card), has anyone traded in a few phones and walked out with a Mac? It's a real steal if they let you...
Old Feb 20, 2019, 11:17 am

Programs: UA 1MM 0P, AA, DL, *wood, Lifetime FPC Plat., IHG, HHD
Originally Posted by msp3
With recent high trade-in prices at Apple GiveBack when you buy something in-store (regular not so impressive trade-in values if you buy nothing and just walk out with a gift card), has anyone traded in a few phones and walked out with a Mac? It's a real steal if they let you...
What is an example of this?
Old Feb 21, 2019, 9:01 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Elite
The promo has been going on since the end of last year when they realized iPhone demand is soft with people keeping their old phones and new phones being more expensive: https://9to5mac.com/2018/11/27/apple...-credit-promo/

The sweet spot is if you have a 6 Plus, 6s, or 6s Plus you get $100 extra. It also says the trade in is good towards an XS or XR, but its not hardcoded so your local store may let you get an iPad or Apple Watch, etc. YMMV. If you're brave you can try for a Mac but I've had no success so far

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.