Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Technology
Reload this Page >

QuietComfort® 20i Acoustic Noise Cancelling® headphones vs B&O earphones

QuietComfort® 20i Acoustic Noise Cancelling® headphones vs B&O earphones

Old Oct 2, 2014, 8:25 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold; LEGO VIP, Amex Platinum, HHonors Gold
My wife's new 20i was bought online. It had a problem with unwanted sound in one ear. We took it into the local Bose store, the guy listened to it, heard the problem and handed her a new pair. We had no box, no receipt with us - just a simple replacement!
Old Oct 3, 2014, 12:27 am

Programs: Velocity Gold, AIRNZ Elite, Qantas Silver ,Hilton Diamond
Bose

Originally Posted by CRAZ8
My wife's new 20i was bought online. It had a problem with unwanted sound in one ear. We took it into the local Bose store, the guy listened to it, heard the problem and handed her a new pair. We had no box, no receipt with us - just a simple replacement!
That's great service
Old Oct 3, 2014, 7:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I bought the QC20i earlier this year and have been using them quite regularly since- really have no complaints and can say this was a good purchase and will recommend if you want a good quality in-earphone set for noise canceling purposes.

I have always been quite doubtful about BOSE products- it was actually a review here http://lufthansaflyer.boardingarea.c...ison-surprise/ that pushed me over the edge to buy them.

Money well spent.

FWIW the best price I could find here in Europe was about 229 EURO with Amazon which is what I went with.
Old Oct 5, 2014, 7:53 am

Programs: UA 1K, AK Gold 75K, etc. etc.
Originally Posted by CRAZ8
I had a similar problem and the Bose booth in the Denver airport replaced them for me in ~5 minutes. no muss, no fuss.
Old Nov 23, 2014, 6:38 pm

QC20i vs QC25

Has anyone had a chance to compare the QC20i with the new QC25?

I tried both headphones in the Bose store and am still on the fence. Listening to identical music (Dvorak's Symphony from the New World, 1st movement) with both loud and quiet passages, the sound quality and noise cancellation appeared superior on the QC25. However, I found the area around my ears getting wet from perspiration or condensation. The QC20i was more comfortable and would allow one to lean one's head against a pillow. The sound quality was good on the QC20i, but not awesome, which is what I experienced on the QC25.

Has anyone had on board experience with both headphones? And, what are your impressions? Thanks.
Old Nov 23, 2014, 10:31 pm

Programs: Fallen DL DM (PM) 2MM
I have both the QC20 and QC25, though I've only used the QC25's on two trips (one TATL, one domestic).

I haven't had any problems with perspiration on the QC25's -- I wore them for probably 5 hours at a time on each flight (on the TATL I took them off to sleep -- had a flat bed J seat ).

I still use the QC20's when I'm riding the bus or at the gym. I've never got a really good fit on them (tried all the end pieces) so I don't get the isolation that I do with the QC25's -- not such a problem on the bus or at the gym.

So I like the sound on the QC25's better and I find them comfortable to wear for hours at a time.
Old Nov 25, 2014, 7:47 pm

Originally Posted by TheMadBrewer
I have both the QC20 and QC25, though I've only used the QC25's on two trips (one TATL, one domestic).

I haven't had any problems with perspiration on the QC25's -- I wore them for probably 5 hours at a time on each flight (on the TATL I took them off to sleep -- had a flat bed J seat ).

I still use the QC20's when I'm riding the bus or at the gym. I've never got a really good fit on them (tried all the end pieces) so I don't get the isolation that I do with the QC25's -- not such a problem on the bus or at the gym.

So I like the sound on the QC25's better and I find them comfortable to wear for hours at a time.
I appreciate your input. You have addressed my concerns.

Many of the in-the-ear phones slip out of my ears while exercising. I constantly have to push them back in. I lack the flap in the ear that holds them in. Unfortunately, I did not have a chance to try the QC20 in a real environment, such as fast walking. The BOSE salesman assures me that the new design of the QC20 will adapt to such genetically deficient ears as I have.
Old Nov 29, 2014, 5:02 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, *A Silver
Does anyone own the B&O H6? How does that compare to QCs?
Old Nov 30, 2014, 4:29 pm

Has anyone found that the ear pieces for the in ear bose with noise cancellation is too big for their ears. I can't recall the numbers but they are for the IPhone and even the smallest doesn't fit comfortably. Is there anything smaller out there, I must have small ear canals.
Old Dec 2, 2014, 6:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by stormrider2
Has anyone found that the ear pieces for the in ear bose with noise cancellation is too big for their ears. I can't recall the numbers but they are for the IPhone and even the smallest doesn't fit comfortably. Is there anything smaller out there, I must have small ear canals.
Have you attempted forming them with your hands to make them a bit more contoured?
Old Feb 1, 2015, 8:43 pm

Which does a better job at drowning out screaming babies on flights? Should I get the QC20 and hope for the best, or go with QC25 + foam earplugs underneath? Which will do a better job of making them STOP? Lol.
Old Feb 1, 2015, 10:14 pm
dtc

Programs: Restarting life as UA newb; AA Lifetime Gold
Try chloroform...

Right now I'm sitting next to a guy talking on the phone. On my qc20 with edm playing I still hear most things he is talking about (on a train)
Old Mar 31, 2015, 11:55 pm

Programs: MPC DM, SPG Plat
Sorry to revive an old thread but does anyone know whether the 30 day guarantee is global? I'm considering purchasing these in Hong Kong where the Bose store claims returns are only possible if the product is defective but will be traveling to the US at the end of April and, if I don't like the QC20i, could theoretically return them at Bose store there.
Old Apr 1, 2015, 5:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
Originally Posted by casbroker
Sorry to revive an old thread but does anyone know whether the 30 day guarantee is global? I'm considering purchasing these in Hong Kong where the Bose store claims returns are only possible if the product is defective but will be traveling to the US at the end of April and, if I don't like the QC20i, could theoretically return them at Bose store there.
I would ask Bose and keep the written reply.

Do you have to buy them in HK? It would not be my first choice as to pricing.
Old Apr 2, 2015, 2:42 am

Programs: MPC DM, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by tentseller
I would ask Bose and keep the written reply.

Do you have to buy them in HK? It would not be my first choice as to pricing.
Good idea on writing to Bose, I'll give that a shot. I'm based in HK so would be the most convenient place to buy. I'd buy in the US but then I only have a few days to try it and no flights before I'd have to make the keep / return decision. Pricing wise is actually not so bad. Based on an assumed 6% sales tax, HK runs about US$15 cheaper than buying in HK.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.