Good small travel mouse?

Old Aug 22, 17, 5:38 am

Programs: Mucci Blue, BAEC Gold, Blockbuster Video card
Originally Posted by Need View Post
I have a small business and have lots of laptop. I use the logitech M3XX series wireless mouses. They are workhorses and battery last quite long. I have tried one of those tiny usb wired mouse. Yes it is much smaller and lighter comparing to the logitech, but then you have to carry the laptop anyway.. compare to that.. the mouse size really won't make much of a difference.

Also the ones with the retractable usb cord is really not fun to use. The cord curl up and gets in the way of your mouse. I found myself kept flipping it every 10 sec to move it out of the way. And the ones with a real cord will weight as much as the cordless M3XX mouse.

BTW, I found no difference (other than color) between any of M305, M310, M325, etc mouses... I just buy the ones that are on sales.

EDIT: Darn it, I just realized I replied to necro'ed thread.
Nah - I had resurrected it to ask about the mouse that BA are selling in high life shop.

I actually have a little retractable cord one and really like it. The only single reason I am considering changing is that the manufacturers of the one I posted above state that it's optimised to be used on that spare space either side of your laptop's trackpad. Which in turn would allow my to fit my laptop AND a drink on the BA J class table in long haul. Which is a perk in itself ;-)
Old Oct 10, 18, 7:01 pm

Programs: AA, DL, AK, UN, CN
Anyone know of a bluetooth mouse with rechargeable battery via USB? All the ones seem to have an AA, which i can't stand because it always runs out when I'm on the road and I hate carrying a backup. Seems like USB charging should be easy enough and maybe even cheaper for the mouse maker. So weird to have an actual battery....

The Logitech ones seem to take USB charging but apparently the scroll wheel doesn't click, and has a small "third" button below it which some people hate. I think I would be one.

Thanks!
Old Oct 10, 18, 8:23 pm

Programs: US/AA-Platinum, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Gold, AVIS-Presidents Club, National-Executive Elite
Originally Posted by ryandelmundo View Post
Anyone know of a bluetooth mouse with rechargeable battery via USB?
What about the Apple Magic Mouse 2?

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/8347475
Old Oct 10, 18, 8:30 pm

Programs: AA, DL, AK, UN, CN
Thanks! I have a mac, so Magic mouse would be a great desktop mouse, but I've lost/left my past 2 mice while on the road. Hoping for something a bit more disposable in the $20 range.
Old Oct 10, 18, 9:05 pm

I have an Logitech MX Anywhere 2 and I had the newer Logitech MX Anywhere 2S for a day (I temporarily lost my 2, but then found it). I love it and I liked the 2S more (and I'm on a Mac). The scroll wheel has a click to switch between smooth and and notched scrolling. I ignore the small button under the wheel, but it is programmable. It runs forever on a charge (as in months).

I'm not sure why you want the scroll wheel to click, since it has both left and right buttons and the additional button underneath. There are also a pair of side buttons. I would not hesitate to buy another (hence my 2S for a day).
Old Oct 11, 18, 2:56 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, Priority Club Blue, SPG Gold, Sofitel Gold, FB Ivory, BA Blue
I’ve been happy enough with the Microsoft Sculpt Touch Mouse and, before that, the smaller Wedge mouse. Both lack a proper wheel, but that hasn’t been a problem for me. I use my mouse in addition to, rather than instead of, the laptop’s trackpad. At work I use (and quite like) a Logitech Touch Pad, but I don’t like that it needs a USB dongle (as do the Logitech rodents).
Old Oct 11, 18, 8:38 pm

Programs: UA silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by wcj1 View Post
I have an Logitech MX Anywhere 2 and I had the newer Logitech MX Anywhere 2S for a day (I temporarily lost my 2, but then found it). I love it and I liked the 2S more (and I'm on a Mac). The scroll wheel has a click to switch between smooth and and notched scrolling. I ignore the small button under the wheel, but it is programmable. It runs forever on a charge (as in months).

I'm not sure why you want the scroll wheel to click, since it has both left and right buttons and the additional button underneath. There are also a pair of side buttons. I would not hesitate to buy another (hence my 2S for a day).
My first gen Anywhere MX and its replacement both crapped out on me with the infamous bad left click issue. I've resigned myself the past 2-3 years to not using a mouse - mainly b/c I've just been lazy - but the new MX 2s looks pretty nice. I may have to look into that again. Looks like the 2 is as low as $35 online and 2s can be had for $50. Not bad.
Old Oct 11, 18, 10:42 pm

I would definitely go with the 2S. Once in awhile with my 2, the bluetooth craps out. I just have to flip the power switch on the bottom on and off and it works immediately again, but since I sometimes game, it is a little inconvenient. Obviously it didn't bother me enough to keep the 2S I briefly had, but I would go with the 2S if I was forced to replace. I've been using my 2 for a year and a half and this is the only issue I've had.
Old Oct 16, 18, 9:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Platinum
Dell is selling a Logitech M585 mouse for only $20. The cool feature is that it's basically has a built-in KVM switch, so you can use it on two totally separate computers.

https://www.dell.com/en-us/member/sh...s/apd/aa300243

Search this Thread