Reload this Page >

Prepaid SIM - Germany

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Prepaid SIM - Germany

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2017, 1:29 am

Nevermind. No need to answer my question from Feb 12, 2017. I picked up a SIM from Three in the UK for 20 GPB that included 12 gigs of data and "Feel at Home". Roamed fine in Germany.

My followup post is at http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trave...l#post28028294. It definitely saved me some complications in Germany.
Old Mar 15, 2017, 8:48 pm
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: SPG
Hi all,

Not sure if this is the right thread. I am based in Singapore and will be traveling between Germany, Poland and Austria next month.

I would love to have unlimited wireless access while I travel but the service that is offered to me costs around USD$170 for 19 days and I am wondering if there is a better option somewhere.

Any recommendations?

Thank you.

Thyetus Lee
Old Mar 19, 2017, 9:18 pm

Programs: AA PLT
Originally Posted by Starwood Lurker II
Hi all,

Not sure if this is the right thread. I am based in Singapore and will be traveling between Germany, Poland and Austria next month.

I would love to have unlimited wireless access while I travel but the service that is offered to me costs around USD$170 for 19 days and I am wondering if there is a better option somewhere.

Any recommendations?

Thank you.

Thyetus Lee
Do you need truly "unlimited", or rather something with a high data allotment?
Old Mar 20, 2017, 1:08 pm

Originally Posted by Starwood Lurker II
Hi all,

What type of phone? Is it unlocked?

Unlimited wireless access for what purpose? Phone calls? Data? Both? If phone calls, to which countries?

Will you be staying in hotels, etc. that have wi-fi access?
Old Apr 8, 2017, 9:36 am

Piling on - need an uncomplicated roaming (Germany, Switzerland, Austria, Italy) card that I can buy at Frankfurt Airport upon arrival. 2-4 GB of data and some minor calls. Using an unlocked iPhone 7 Plus.
Old Apr 10, 2017, 8:06 pm

Programs: AA PLT
Originally Posted by highlanderfil
Piling on - need an uncomplicated roaming (Germany, Switzerland, Austria, Italy) card that I can buy at Frankfurt Airport upon arrival. 2-4 GB of data and some minor calls. Using an unlocked iPhone 7 Plus.
Can you use VoIP for calling, or do you want voice service?

Last edited by linglingfool; Apr 10, 2017 at 8:15 pm
Old Apr 11, 2017, 7:32 am

Originally Posted by linglingfool
Can you use VoIP for calling, or do you want voice service?
I can use VoIP.
Old Sep 15, 2017, 4:56 am

avoid lebara like the plague

bought a prepaid sim card in MUC in July from an electronic shop and had it installed. It turned out to be pre registered and stripped of its value. Customer help lne ( a joke) could not do anything because it was register under a different name. I presented all documents by email and get always the same evasive answers . There we have a company where tolerant to sales people committing fraud in their name and then just trying to let it dry out. Avoid Avoid Avoid VERY SHADY PRACTICES

Hi,
With regard to your query we have escalated the issue to our relevant team and we would request you to wail till we get any response and once we receive an update from our team we will contact you and let you know the same
Keep an eye on your balance, top ups, and plans 24/7 with our new MyLebara app:

this is 8 weeks ago
Old Sep 15, 2017, 6:11 am

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
Yep, avoid Lebara. They're a bottom tier MVNO that relies on really cheap (they don't pay the network operators much) roaming, so not only will service suck, your service is deprioritized.
Old Jul 31, 2018, 7:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
Arriving at MUC. Any decently priced shops there or should I wait until I get to Marienplatz to get a SIM there? Looking for 1 GB data and no more than 100 minutes but that includes international. Mostly in the city itself (Munich and later Vienna)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.