Three Feel at Home
Flexiroam X
Telestial
Print Wikipost

Pan-International prepaid SIMs

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2014, 9:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Any updates on France/Switzerland options? I've been told I need to have a functioning phone. Is OneSimCard the best choice? I just want data and texts, really. THanks.

It looks like Telestial is the cheapest multi-country SIM for data, at $29 for 100 MB. But I can get $25/100MB just by enabling that feature on my Verizon line. TO go cheaper, I think I'd need to do an SFR or Bouygues prepaid SIM just for France - right? Am I missing anything?

Last edited by gfunkdave; Jan 28, 2014 at 9:30 pm
Old Feb 21, 2014, 10:33 am

I am travelling to London, Germany, Austria, Slovenia, Italy, Croatia and Serbia this summer. Is Toggle about the only option which would allow me to have data and phone service throughout Europe? It seems like Three works only in the UK. Any help would be appreciated.
Old Feb 21, 2014, 11:55 am

Programs: UA MileagePlus
Originally Posted by WHGFlyer
I am travelling to London, Germany, Austria, Slovenia, Italy, Croatia and Serbia this summer. Is Toggle about the only option which would allow me to have data and phone service throughout Europe? It seems like Three works only in the UK. Any help would be appreciated.
Toggle's customer service is abysmal and, if you have a problem, they will blame you for it. However, their system is ingenious. I think you'll have no problems provided you a) register for a number and b) manually select the country's "profile" or "latch SIM" in each country before making a call.
Old Mar 5, 2014, 5:16 pm
Suspended

Thinking about getting a Toggle SIM card for travel to Netherlands, Belgium, and France.

The SIM is $19 on Amazon...but it doesn't look to be preloaded. Also, the description omits France and Belgium.

Any benefit to buying off Toggle's own website? It's 25 pounds, but it seems to actually come preloaded w/ 25 pounds of calling.
Old Mar 5, 2014, 5:42 pm
Suspended

Keep getting this error message: Transaction hit a velocity or rule threshold ,Recommended Action : No need to contact technical team

Happens when I enter CC info and click "SEND SIM"

Happened twice. oy.
Old Mar 5, 2014, 6:25 pm

Originally Posted by pricesquire
Keep getting this error message: Transaction hit a velocity or rule threshold ,Recommended Action : No need to contact technical team

Happens when I enter CC info and click "SEND SIM"

Happened twice. oy.
Toggle has good technology but incompetent business practices and customer support. You'll probably succeed if you choose the PayPal option.
Old Mar 5, 2014, 6:56 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by ajGoes
Toggle has good technology but incompetent business practices and customer support. You'll probably succeed if you choose the PayPal option.
Any pitfalls to buying the SIM off Amazon?

http://www.amazon.com/Toggle-SIM-Car...rds=toggle+SIM

Kinda makes me uncomfortable that the only countries listed are: the Netherlands, UK, Australia, Denmark, Norway, Spain and Sweden
Old Mar 5, 2014, 6:57 pm
Suspended

This one is $8.99: http://www.amazon.com/Toggle-Prepaid...rds=toggle+SIM

Confused by all the Amazon options..
Old Mar 5, 2014, 7:12 pm

Any pitfalls to buying the SIM off Amazon?

http://www.amazon.com/Toggle-SIM-Car...rds=toggle+SIM

Kinda makes me uncomfortable that the only countries listed are: the Netherlands, UK, Australia, Denmark, Norway, Spain and Sweden
The Netherlands, Belgium, and France are all Toggle countries, as you can confirm on their site. Just be aware that they're a very difficult company to work with. Feel free to pm me if you have any problems with them.
Old Mar 5, 2014, 7:14 pm
Suspended

Does it matter which you buy off Amazon? Three different SIMS, three different prices. Assuming all the same but want to make sure.
Old Mar 5, 2014, 7:25 pm

Thinking about getting a Toggle SIM card for travel to Netherlands, Belgium, and France.

The SIM is $19 on Amazon...but it doesn't look to be preloaded. Also, the description omits France and Belgium.

Any benefit to buying off Toggle's own website? It's 25 pounds, but it seems to actually come preloaded w/ 25 pounds of calling.
Just FYI, Toggle minimum top up is 20 pounds. So to me it is a no brainer just order from toggle directly.

France is included in their local rate, however Belgium is not
Old Mar 5, 2014, 7:29 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by TAHKUCT
Just FYI, Toggle minimum top up is 20 pounds. So to me it is a no brainer just order from toggle directly.

France is included in their local rate, however Belgium is not
I'd order off Toggle if I could. Tried twice, got error messages both times. Error happened at entering of CC and clicking "Send SIM"
Old Mar 5, 2014, 7:34 pm

Does it matter which you buy off Amazon? Three different SIMS, three different prices. Assuming all the same but want to make sure.
They probably come with different amounts of credit. You could contact the vendors to make sure, or you could grit your teeth and call Toggle. They might be happy to mail the SIM to you.

Have you tried the PayPal option? I made two top-ups that way.
Old Mar 5, 2014, 7:36 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by ajGoes
They probably come with different amounts of credit. You could contact the vendors to make sure, or you could grit your teeth and call Toggle. They might be happy to mail the SIM to you.

Have you tried the PayPal option? I made two top-ups that way.
Not giving me an option to use PayPal.

I see a PP option to top-up a SIM, but not to buy the actual card.

May just get the damn thing of Amazon and save myself the headache.
Old Mar 5, 2014, 7:48 pm

Not giving me an option to use PayPal.

I see a PP option to top-up a SIM, but not to buy the actual card.

May just get the damn thing of Amazon and save myself the headache.
Being a Toggle customer requires a certain amount of patience. I bought my cards from gosimcard, through eBay. The vendor was responsive and prompt.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.