Flexiroam X
Telestial
Print Wikipost

Pan-International prepaid SIMs

Search this Thread

Old Oct 25, 2015, 12:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Thanks. Is there anyway to call someone directly rather than use the callback feature?
Old Nov 17, 2015, 2:26 pm

Originally Posted by pilotalan
Here's the link as of today:
http://www.vodafone.it/portal/Privat...SMART-Passport
The broken link was copied directly off their site yesterday. It changed overnight.

It's still 3 Euro, still 25 in/25 out, and 500Mb, but now it says US and Canada are in the plan only until Sept 15th.

I would guess there was an EU rate or roaming change that takes effect July 1st. Hope the plan is still there when we arrive.....
Updated today, the US and Canada are now included in the plan until Jan 31/16

http://www.vodafone.it/portal/Privat...SMART-Passport

Hopefully it will continue beyond that date, as I'm travelling there this spring, and this looks the best option.

And a link to the Orange Holiday sim:

http://store.orange.com/us/travel/or...m-card-276120/

Mentioned elsewhere on the forum, but thought it might be good to mention it here as well.

14 day plan

2 hours calls from any European(1) country to any international phone numbers

1000 SMS from any European(1)country to any international phone numbers

1GB of mobile internet(2) connection in Europe(1)

$58 US plus $8 US delivery

Last edited by gfunkdave; Nov 18, 2015 at 7:11 am Reason: merged consecutive
Old Dec 9, 2015, 6:18 pm

Programs: Emirates, Thai, TK
I will be traveling to Germany (Frankfurt), Switzerland and Holland.
I need a data sim for my Iphone or WIFI hotspot.
Does anybody know if i can buy a data sim card at the airport which i can use for the mentioned countries but i stay in Frankfurt for a few days so if required i can buy one in town.
The price is not a real big issue as long it is not too high off-course.
What is the best option for (fast) internet.
Old Dec 9, 2015, 8:43 pm

Originally Posted by merijn
I will be traveling to Germany (Frankfurt), Switzerland and Holland.
I need a data sim for my Iphone or WIFI hotspot.
Does anybody know if i can buy a data sim card at the airport which i can use for the mentioned countries but i stay in Frankfurt for a few days so if required i can buy one in town.
The price is not a real big issue as long it is not too high off-course.
What is the best option for (fast) internet.
German Ortel with Cross for the roaming option which includes Switzerland & Netherlands but speed is throttled to 7.2 Mbps max.
http://prepaid-data-sim-card.wikia.com/wiki/Euro4

Vodafone IE also includes Germany, Switzerland, and Netherlands on 3G, but only 200 MB for 24 hr period.
http://prepaid-data-sim-card.wikia.com/wiki/Euro2

I wouldn't consider either of these fast compared to what you might be able to get on LTE with prepaid local sim but it is fast compared to T-Mobile Simple Choice included roaming.
Old Dec 11, 2015, 3:00 pm

Programs: LT Plt, 4mm, *A GLD, burned out medical provider, executing our estate plan
I am a Piranha fan, and will be ditching my Toggle next October. It takes a while to get on network especially in Japan, and I will be using it in HK Vietnam and Cambodia next month and will try to remember to give a trip report.
Old Jan 12, 2016, 5:12 pm

Quick update, used Keepgo recently when I had a stopover in Germany. Really no complaints, perfect for checking emails and Whatsapps until I was able to locate a wifi spot.
Old Jan 24, 2016, 12:16 pm
HGH

Cell phone options for both England and Denmark

Thank you in advance for any help - after reading all the threads I could find, the end result is that I am more confused than ever. The only thing that does make sense is the instructions for getting a local SIM in London.

We have two Galaxy S6's with Verizon. We are traveling to Denmark (through Heathrow) and then returning for a week's stay in London.

Our needs are:
-Reaching each other (text, email, Facebook messenger are all options) a few times a day (can't see needing more than 10 texts a day)

Our wants are:
- Using cool apps for finding our way around towns
- Calling each other in few cases when texting is not enough

I am fine with paying a little more for convenience i.e. - activating Verizon's international plan verses getting a local sim card. But, does anyone have better options? Is there a card I can get in Heathrow that would work in Denmark? Is it hard for a tourist to get a SIM card in Denmark?

Thanks again for any suggestions.
Old Jan 24, 2016, 3:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Welcome to FlyerTalk! I've moved this to the multi country sim thread.
Old Jan 24, 2016, 4:51 pm

I guess we should also link Freedom Pop's global offering here as well: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trave...op-global.html

I do hope they launch it outside of US and the UK.
Old Jan 26, 2016, 4:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routières, PCR
Originally Posted by HGH
Is there a card I can get in Heathrow that would work in Denmark?
I don't know whether this is available at LHR, but IMO you should take a look at Toggle using local numbers - www.togglemobile.co.uk .

You don't give a location, but it may be that you are in the USA. The USA, the UK and Denmark are all Toggle countries, and you can get a local number in each country, free for a month or £5 for a year. If based in one of these, you would of course have a permanent number anyway.

Take a look at the website and do a search here for Toggle to see if it would suit you.
Old Jan 26, 2016, 4:48 am
HGH

Originally Posted by Roger
I don't know whether this is available at LHR, but IMO you should take a look at Toggle using local numbers - www.togglemobile.co.uk .

You don't give a location, but it may be that you are in the USA. The USA, the UK and Denmark are all Toggle countries, and you can get a local number in each country, free for a month or £5 for a year. If based in one of these, you would of course have a permanent number anyway.

Take a look at the website and do a search here for Toggle to see if it would suit you.
Thank you! Toggle kept coming up as an option, but I wasn't really understanding the phone numbers thing. The clear way you put it makes it sound like I can get multiple county local numbers with one sim.
Old Jan 27, 2016, 7:09 am

I gave KeepGo a try over a few trips recently, my thoughts here:

http://www.browngeek.net/2016/01/kee...ng-review.html
Old Jan 27, 2016, 7:17 am

Originally Posted by HGH
Is there a card I can get in Heathrow that would work in Denmark?
Originally Posted by Roger

I got my toggle SIM at Heathrow (albeit a couple of years ago, and I think I got it in T1 arrivals, so the shop where I bought it doesn't exist anymore). The "shop finder" on toggle's website gives locations at LHR T3 arrivals, T4 arrivals, T5 departures, and the T2-T3 underground station, but doesn't give further details. I would imagine these shops are kiosks/newsagents that sell SIMs from a variety of companies. They will probably have a small sign or poster in the window advertising that they sell toggle SIMs.
Old Jan 29, 2016, 9:25 pm

Programs: LT Plt, 4mm, *A GLD, burned out medical provider, executing our estate plan
Toggle v Piranha

OK I have both. I have used them in a global Moto G and a One plus one. The Toggle has a slight advantage in Europe. The Piranha worked great in Hong Kong, and really not so much in Japan and none in S. Korea. This is noted in their website. Neither of them worked in Vietnam or Cambodia, or the price was too high to use them. Both work well in Europe. In Europe Toggle boots faster. So if I don't time out on the sims I will keep them both. It's not really that hard to do and the price seems better than other options. Next up to try, Google Fi.
Old Feb 3, 2016, 11:51 pm

Programs: AA EXP>2m, Alaska MVP, Virgin Gold, Delta Gold, Starwood Gold, Cathay Pacific Silver
Bourne: I've been waiting for your trip report because I'm leaving for Vietnam in about 10 days. What did you do for cell phone and data service there? I haven't found any decent options. I'll only be there about two weeks but I have to call the U.S. every couple of days and I need sporadic email access.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.