Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Technology
Reload this Page >

Electronic document signing?

Old Jan 15, 2013, 12:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

In my new consulting project, I have been doing due diligence on a company's contracts. The CEO of this company electronically signs all his contracts with DocuSign. Does anyone here use this? It seems kind of neat, but I'm unsure of the drawbacks.
Old Jan 15, 2013, 1:13 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
The last house I bought, every single document in the listing/offer/counter-offer/disclosures/etc. processes were done electronically.
Old Jan 15, 2013, 1:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Use it, love it. I also use SignEasy on my Android device to sign PDF and other documents on the go.
Old Jan 15, 2013, 2:23 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Most large American businesses use some form of electronic signature / tracking for all important documents. Unless there is a specific statute requiring an ink pen in the hand of the signatory, there is no reason, it's less secure and less accountable.
Old Jan 16, 2013, 8:51 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by ScottC
I also use SignEasy on my Android device to sign PDF and other documents on the go.
Seconded, I have this on my iPhone and love it. HIGHLY recommended for anyone who needs to easily sign and return documents on their phones.
Old Jan 16, 2013, 9:35 am

Originally Posted by LM225
Seconded, I have this on my iPhone and love it. HIGHLY recommended for anyone who needs to easily sign and return documents on their phones.
How is it compare to using Adobe Reader to sign? That's what I have been using on my Android to sign my loan documents.
Old Jan 16, 2013, 3:15 pm

HelloSign - free and works on a variety of documents. also allows you to type in text.
Old Jan 19, 2013, 5:16 am

Programs: AA EXP, 8 MM; Hilton Diamond
I e-sign pdfs all the time using Acrobat.
Old Jan 19, 2013, 7:15 am

Programs: Aeroplan, AAdvantage
I am in Canada and my lawyer happily accepted SignNow signed documents. I conclude they must be legal.
Old Jan 19, 2013, 4:51 pm

Programs: None anymore
Been signing documents with Adobe Pro/reader for years. Do both e-sign and 'wet' signatures. Haven't had an issue yet.
Old Jan 22, 2013, 12:16 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Need
How is it compare to using Adobe Reader to sign? That's what I have been using on my Android to sign my loan documents.
Honestly, not familiar with the signing features of Adobe Reader. Though there are lots of useful features in SignEasy, like auto-inserting the date, saving data (address, full name, etc...) for easy future use and multi-format support (PDF, Word, JPEG, a few others).

Not sure how this compares with Adobe Reader, but I find it very helpful.
Old Jan 22, 2013, 4:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I need a way to make it look like an old name/date stamp (and I have already downloaded the STAMP font, which is great) and then allows me to overlay a scanned signature.

The stamp would be something like this:

John Smith

JAN 22 2013

ORG Name

And then the scanned signature overlaid between the name and the date. I can do most of that with Word, using the STAMP font, then SnagIt to capture the stamp, then using Acrobat and the Stamp feature to insert the stamp. But then trying to overlay the scanned signature doesn't look right.

Ideas?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.