Search

Seriously, what's wrong with my QC15's?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2013, 6:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: TK Elite Plus, SAS EBG, QR Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Seriously, what's wrong with my QC15's?

Hello there,

I am on my fifth pair of Bose QuietComfort 15 noise canceling headphones. To start with I am very happy with the noise cancellation performance, works amazing, and I use them for hours every day.

However there is one thing that has been bothering me with the headphones. The thing is that I start hearing a high-pitch noise in the right earcup. This noise seems to occur in case I accidentally drop them (very gently I may add) on a table. For some reason I suspect that the gentle drop seems to cause a misfrequency in the microphone, which seems to be the cause of the hight pitch noise.

I've been very careful with my brand new pair, until the other day when I accidentally gave them a light tap with my fist as I was watching a move. Suddenly the noise was back. The noise makes them very uncomfortable to wear, hence making them pretty much useless.

The funny thing is that none of the store examples seem to produce this high-pitch noise (ironically since they have probably been dropped and beaten about a dozen times)

I have tried everything, but still I can't get that noise away from the right earcup. Is this a fault of poor manufacturing (it's my 5th pair!), hence making it eligible for a warranty repair? Have anybody of you experienced this issue?

Thanks in advance!
Old Jan 13, 2013, 8:02 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Have you tried replacing the battery? Seems silly, but I've had a couple of similar issues (monotone constant beeping, clicking) that a fresh battery fixed.
Old Jan 14, 2013, 7:25 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
Does it do it without the cord plugged in?
Old Jan 15, 2013, 8:36 am

Hmm, provided a low battery isn't the cause of the issue, I fear it may be a design flaw. You could also consider trying the Sennheiser MM 450s... I was comparing them against the Bose QC15s when I was choosing my headphones and am pretty happy with them:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trave...ose-qc15s.html
Old Jan 15, 2013, 9:20 am

Programs: BA, *A, Hertz Goldstar, Mucci wannabee, Waitrose, safari Oleg
Just curious why are you on your 5th pair?
Are you very old... have you had each one for 20 years?
Do you break them... .lose them.... have them stolen?

Just wondering as I've been very happy with them for years. I'm still on my first pair.
Old Jan 15, 2013, 9:37 am

Another happy customer- had my QC15 for over 6 months, upgraded from QC3. But I'm also not an audiophile, and my hearing isn't fantastic.
Old Jan 15, 2013, 10:28 am

Programs: DL DM, AA ExP
May I recommend you go to www.head-if.org ...in particular the forums there ... You may find quite a bit more info regarding this issue ... Use there search function on subject line only type search.

Good luck

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.