Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Using Iphone ATT Guam to US and back

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2, 2021, 5:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
Puerto Rico is now considered "domestic" for AT&T, with no roaming needed for data, calling, or anything else. Granted, Puerto Rico is the closest thing to being a state without actually being a state. By contrast, Guam, USVI, CNMI, and American Samoa are not as state-like as Puerto Rico in terms of the arrangements those territories have with the US Government.
Old Oct 3, 2021, 5:18 pm

I agree with you in principle, but DC is the closest thing to a state which is not a state.
Old Oct 3, 2021, 7:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
Originally Posted by Dubai Stu
I agree with you in principle, but DC is the closest thing to a state which is not a state.

True....I should have clarified that I was referring to U.S. territories. DC is not a U.S. territory; it is a U.S. federal district under the direct and exclusive jurisdiction of the U.S. Congress. The various territories, by contrast, are under a complex web of different jurisdictions (FWS, DoD, OIA, etc).
Old Oct 4, 2021, 6:07 am

I wasn’t trying to bust anyone’s chops. I was just having a little fun.

Stu
ESpen36 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.