Gogo instilation costs

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Gogo instilation costs

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22, 2012, 2:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Advantage Gold, Rapid Rewards A list, Sky Miles Gold Medallion, Hilton Honors Diamond
Gogo instilation costs

I am wondering how much it costs an airline to install gogo on an aircraft. Is it usually an overnight instillation?
Old Dec 22, 2012, 3:03 am

Programs: None anymore
I'd imagine GOGO is paying the airlines for the installs. Time wise I'd imagine its overnight (a few hours).
Old Dec 22, 2012, 3:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Advantage Gold, Rapid Rewards A list, Sky Miles Gold Medallion, Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by Flahusky
I'd imagine GOGO is paying the airlines for the installs. Time wise I'd imagine its overnight (a few hours).
That makes sense, Gogo probably has to pay the airline some fee or percentage of their revenue.
Old Dec 22, 2012, 7:45 am
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
Some of the costs quoted in stories about it are

Entertainment systems with a screen for every passenger can cost as much as $500,000 to install per plane. An Aircell unit that enables Gogo Vision weighs less than 100 pounds, costs between $10,000 and $20,000 and can be installed overnight, Steenstrup reports.

and

What is the cost of installation?

The approximate cost is $100,000 per aircraft. Airlines recoup this expense through revenue sharing with Aircell. Most private jet operators offer the service to ensure repeat business but do not share in the revenues.
Old Dec 22, 2012, 10:28 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cordelli
Some of the costs quoted in stories about it are

Entertainment systems with a screen for every passenger can cost as much as $500,000 to install per plane. An Aircell unit that enables Gogo Vision weighs less than 100 pounds, costs between $10,000 and $20,000 and can be installed overnight, Steenstrup reports.

and

What is the cost of installation?

The approximate cost is $100,000 per aircraft. Airlines recoup this expense through revenue sharing with Aircell. Most private jet operators offer the service to ensure repeat business but do not share in the revenues.
This is very helpful. Thank you!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.