Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Technology
Reload this Page >

What am I missing? How to download to tablet a movie.

What am I missing? How to download to tablet a movie.

Old Jul 30, 2012, 10:17 am
Original Poster
Marriott Contributor Badge

Question What am I missing? How to download to tablet a movie.

I feel a little dense here.

I have a new Nexus 7 tablet. ( I love it)

When I use the Netflix app or the Google Play store app for movies it appears I am streaming these movies live off the web.

I can't figure out how to download the movie to my device so that I can watch off network.

Help ...please?
Old Jul 30, 2012, 10:36 am

Programs: AAdvantage (PLT :(, 2MM), HHonors (Silver), Hertz (5 Star), Marriott (Silver)
The whole point of Netflix is that it is meant to be streaming only - if you could download then you could copy and distribute. Google will indicate that there used to be methods to download the stream and there may still be however it is not the intent of Netflix et al. Now if you have a video file with the Nexus 7 tablet you just need to plug in as an external hard drive to a PC and copy it over using file copy (bluetooth etc can be used for file t'fer as well).

E
Old Jul 30, 2012, 12:39 pm

Go to:

hxxp://forums.afterdawn.com

Replace xx's with the proper letters.

All you do is download the movie to your PC.....convert to format that you watch, such as WMP......in fact, most movies are downloaded in that format. Very simple but if having trouble check out the above forum for help.
Old Jul 30, 2012, 12:53 pm

Programs: AAdvantage (PLT :(, 2MM), HHonors (Silver), Hertz (5 Star), Marriott (Silver)
Originally Posted by dssxxxx
Go to:

hxxp://forums.afterdawn.com

Replace xx's with the proper letters.

All you do is download the movie to your PC.....convert to format that you watch, such as WMP......in fact, most movies are downloaded in that format. Very simple but if having trouble check out the above forum for help.
Are you saying there is a way to download Netflix to your PC?

E
Old Jul 30, 2012, 1:35 pm

Programs: UA Slvr, DL Slvr, AA plt, HH LTD, MR tit/LTP at least two of those buy 10 get 1 free coffee cards
Netflix and Hulu are streaming sites. This means you cannot download content from them. You must be online and registered with the service to watch the content.

There are several ways to get movies onto your tablet for later use. The easiest way is to simply use the Google movies app from the play store. The app is free, the movies are not. Each movie has a price to buy and a price to rent. Rental allows you to access the film for x number of days. Once you start watching it though, you only have 24 hours to finish.

Go to the play store, select your movie, after the linked credit card is charged, it will ask if you want to PLAY or DOWNLOAD. Select download, and depending on your connection speed, the movie will be on your tablet in an hour. You can then play it whenever you like, online or not.

This is not the cheapest nor tech savviest way of doing it, but it is legal and easy.
Old Jul 30, 2012, 3:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Easiest way is to take a DVD and "rip" it. There are 100's of apps out there that can convert a DVD into a mobile file format. There are very few actual download sites out there, and even then, the DRM in the movie may require an Internet connection to start playing.

Netflix is streaming only with no download option.
Old Jul 30, 2012, 6:02 pm
Suspended

I guess google will indicate that there used to be methods to download the stream and there may still be however it is not the intent of Netflix et al.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.