Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Technology
Reload this Page >

Apple New MacBook Pro at HKG Airport - Tax Free?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2012, 8:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: HH Diamond, Accor Gold, SQ*G, MH Platinum, Marriot Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire Ambassador

Am transitting through HKG in 2 weeks time and am wondering if anyone can provide me with this info:

1) Is the new Macbook Pro 15" with retina display available in the transit area?
2) Will it be tax-free?

If anyone has the prices it will be superb!

Thanks heaps..
Old Jun 18, 2012, 4:25 am

Programs: DL PM, UA PS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Considering that the product shipped in the US just this past week, I'm not sure how available it will be in HK, let alone at the airport. Currently, it's showing a 3-4 week shipment period for online orders in HK.

The cost of the base model is HK$16888, or US$2176 (the base price is $2199 in the US). It should be tax-free ... I bought a few things at the Apple Store ifc last month and paid just the sticker price (no tax).

Came out much cheaper than buying back home in Taxifornia.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.