Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Technology
Reload this Page >

How to find data on past flight delays/cancellations?

Old Jan 13, 12, 8:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GfL

I am quite sure that there is a thread on this somewhere, but I can't find it. I want to find out the delay stats for a couple of UA flights on Jan. 11. FlightStats seems to only give data for the last one day. How can I get data for farther back than that?

Mods, please move this to the appropriate thread if there is one. Thanks
Old Jan 13, 12, 12:49 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

I am hoping that the folks in the Travel Technology Forum will be of help.
Good luck...
Obscure2k
TravelBuzz Moderator
Old Jan 13, 12, 12:58 pm
KVS
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Question

Originally Posted by travelmad478 View Post
I am quite sure that there is a thread on this somewhere, but I can't find it. I want to find out the delay stats for a couple of UA flights on Jan. 11.
What are the flight #s in question?
Old Jan 13, 12, 1:07 pm

Would http://flightaware.com help? Shows past history on flights and, I think, with a free registration, up to 4 months of history (more if you pay for it).
Old Jan 13, 12, 3:31 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by KVS View Post
What are the flight #s in question?
UA 3388 and UA 3344, Jan. 11.

Originally Posted by jsnydcsa
Would http://flightaware.com help? Shows past history on flights and, I think, with a free registration, up to 4 months of history (more if you pay for it).
Yes!! That's the site I was looking for, and it does have the data I need. Thanks very much! I knew it was out there, but I had FlightStats in my head and that wasn't the right one.
Old Jan 13, 12, 3:47 pm
KVS
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Arrow

UA 3388 and UA 3344, Jan. 11.
Add'l information would have been available if you had posted within ~24 hours of the flight arrival.

[KVS Availability Tool 6.9.0/Diamond - FS: Departures/Arrivals]
Code:
PHL  Philadelphia Metro / Intl PA US = PHL TTN [KPHL]
WED  11 Jan 2012 | Departures

Carrier    Flight  From  Schedule  To    Revised   A/C      Flt Status | Term | Gate
---------  ------  ----  --------  ----  --------  ---  --  --------------------------
UA/**      3388    PHL   14:40     IAD   18:10     ER4      Landed       D      D7
[KVS Availability Tool 6.9.0/Diamond - FS: Departures/Arrivals]
Code:
PHL  Philadelphia Metro / Intl PA US = PHL TTN [KPHL]
WED  11 Jan 2012 | Departures

Carrier    Flight  From  Schedule  To    Revised   A/C      Flt Status | Term | Gate
---------  ------  ----  --------  ----  --------  ---  --  --------------------------
UA/**      3344    PHL   18:18     IAD   19:36     ER4      Landed       D      D11A
Old Jan 13, 12, 3:52 pm
Original Poster

Thanks also to KVS.

I am just gathering ammunition for my potential scuffle with UA when they attempt to argue with me over refunding money for an involuntary downgrade cause by these delays and a consequent re-routing.
Old Jan 17, 12, 11:48 am

I am just gathering ammunition for my potential scuffle with UA when they attempt to argue with me over refunding money for an involuntary downgrade cause by these delays and a consequent re-routing.
What would be really helpful (I'm sure it's out there, as paid content), would be the ability to see the "progress" of posted flight changes and delays. I seem to recall (maybe it was/is flightaware) a site that listed it down to "flight plan filed" then posted regular updates (and, presumably, archived them for future use/reference) about "new [departure/arrival/etc.] time" "gate change" "equipment change" etc and, possibly (and most importantly), a reason. That kind of data with a minute-by-minute accounting would be helpful to go to the airline with and say, look - it was your issue, not weather.

Good luck.
Old Jan 17, 12, 12:16 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jsnydcsa View Post
What would be really helpful (I'm sure it's out there, as paid content), would be the ability to see the "progress" of posted flight changes and delays. I seem to recall (maybe it was/is flightaware) a site that listed it down to "flight plan filed" then posted regular updates (and, presumably, archived them for future use/reference) about "new [departure/arrival/etc.] time" "gate change" "equipment change" etc and, possibly (and most importantly), a reason. That kind of data with a minute-by-minute accounting would be helpful to go to the airline with and say, look - it was your issue, not weather.

Good luck.
The beauty part there is that I have every flight alert e-mail that UA sent me during the course of the afternoon, telling me that the flight would be leaving at 2:40...3:10...3:40...4:45...6:05...and so on. There are no less than 16 of them--8 of which were sent between 4:02 and 4:10 PM, all giving completely contradictory departure times.
Old Jan 17, 12, 1:30 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
www.unitedcargo.com will show the reason for flight delays for up to a week after the flight.
Old Jan 18, 12, 12:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Platinum
I use www.flightstats.com to check historical on-time percentages for routes and specific flights.
Old Oct 9, 14, 6:15 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold)
Delayed flight 05/04/2014

Hello, I would be grateful if somebody can help me get the following information.

I had a flight which was delayed earlier this year and I've since learnt that I might be entitled to some compensation. However, flight history statistics are difficult to get and I don't know if the flight was delayed for 3 hours.

If someone has access to the following info I would be grateful, thank you

Flight: OS 415
Date: 05th April 2014
VIE-CDG, scheduled arrival time 15:05
Old Oct 9, 14, 7:02 am
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator: American Express, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; HH Gold
Originally Posted by headingwest View Post
...might be entitled to some compensation.
Have you asked the airline for a letter? They should routinely issue such to support travel insurance claims.
Old Oct 9, 14, 7:10 am

Originally Posted by mia View Post
Have you asked the airline for a letter? They should routinely issue such to support travel insurance claims.
Hi mia,

No, I haven't done anything yet. I only recently learnt that I may be entitled to claim under the European Union implemented Regulation 261/2004, for a delay over 3 hours.

I had a city break in Paris for just 2 days, but the first day was ruined because of the long delay.

I'm not 100% sure that it was delayed over 3 hours, so I still don't know if I am eligible for some money back.
Old Oct 9, 14, 10:04 am

I have just registered on Flightstats and retrieved the information.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: