Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Technology
Reload this Page >

Gogo service slow yesterday

Old Dec 16, 11, 8:09 am
Original Poster

Hi everyone:
Taking four long flights yesterday, I decided to purchase a 24 hour access plan. However, on every single flight the service was super slow. I mean as slow as dial up. I've used gogo before but never had this issue. Anyone else experience the same yesterday?
Old Dec 16, 11, 8:26 am

Programs: AA ExPlat, HHonors Diamond
What airline were you flying? Isn't there some GoGo deal on DL at the moment, giving you 30 free minutes? This kind of stuff tends to slow down everyone's speeds.

When I flew to Austin for SXSW earlier in the year, DL gave everyone unlimited GoGo access (since the plane was full of techies), and the Internet was slower than slow because of it. Couldn't even load a page.
Old Dec 16, 11, 9:09 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Yes, every time I've used the service (a small sample, but when it is bad every time I cannot justify continuing to pay and hoping it will be better the next time). Just a couple of my experiences documented here and here.
Old Dec 16, 11, 9:19 am
Senior Moderator/Moderator: Coronavirus, United MileagePlus

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
Joeibt, welcome to FlyerTalk. Please follow the thread as it moves to the Travel Technology forum. Ocn Vw 1K, Moderator, TravelBuzz.
Old Dec 16, 11, 5:37 pm
Original Poster

It was Delta, and there was a free promo. Thanks for the replies!
Old Dec 17, 11, 10:19 am

Programs: DL 2+ million/PM, YX, Marriott Plt, *wood gold, HHonors, CO Plt, UA, AA EXP, WN, AGR
Originally Posted by sbm12 View Post
Yes, every time I've used the service (a small sample, but when it is bad every time I cannot justify continuing to pay and hoping it will be better the next time). Just a couple of my experiences documented here and here.
Exactly my experience, too. Both on AA and Delta. Too bad, too. I won't buy it any more.

Search this Thread