Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Technology
Reload this Page >

How Hard is it to Cancel a Sirius/XM Contract?

How Hard is it to Cancel a Sirius/XM Contract?

Old Jun 3, 19, 4:50 pm
Moderator: Avianca, Travel Photography, Travel Technology & USA

Programs: Ex-VIP Fromins Deli Encino - 34 years grandfathered successor program status - UA Plat/HH Diamond
Combining threads

There are similar threads on Flyertalk, including a large one in this Technology forum. For indexing purposes we'll consolidate as many as possible.

For those members qualified to visit the Omni forum, this thread about renewal pricing may also be of some use: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/omni...ve-gotten.html
Old Jun 3, 19, 11:47 pm

Programs: UA Gold (.85 MM), HH Diamond, SPG Platinum (LT Gold), Hertz PC, National EE
Yet another thing I need to drop. I love it, but simply not worth the cost anymore. 13 year subscriber, but with other options and unlimited data it really is pointless to keep it other than ease of use. I will be screwed in the remote areas of Colorado once in a while, but I'll survive. Heck we have built in NAV with traffic and weather in our car, and guess what I use, my phone, because it's more accurate for the traffic. Waze, Google Maps, Apple Maps, all better than the service I pay for via Sirius/XM.
Old Jun 22, 19, 10:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium (but still missing SPG)
I still like the service, but I don't like paying full price.

Switched over to a new car this week and they offered, after I asked, about $10/month for All Access. About $13 after fees. It's about the limit I'm willing to pay.
Old Jun 27, 19, 7:59 pm

One of the Chase Freedom 5% categories in 3q is Streaming Services, and includes Sirius/XM. Good timing since my six months are up in July so I will need to call and get the $30/6 month deal again.
Old Jun 13, 20, 10:16 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

I always enjoyed SiriusXM when I was over in the US. Generally listed to 1st Wave non-stop. Made a lot of long car journeys a bit more enjoyable.

Anyway... It appears that SiriusXM is not currently geo-protected. So, I've been able to listen to the "trial" version for the last few weeks from the UK.

Richard Blade is the cheesiest DJ ever
Old Jun 15, 20, 5:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton Gold, DL DIrt Medallion
Originally Posted by RichMSN View Post

Switched over to a new car this week and they offered, after I asked, about $10/month for All Access. About $13 after fees. It's about the limit I'm willing to pay.
If you stand firm (like go all the way to them threatening to go ahead and cancel), you can get 6 Months for $25 ($31ish with taxes and fees) for . I'm currently on a 1 year for $80, which runs around $90 with taxes and fees. It's more expensive than the 6 month deal but it means I only have to call once a year instead of twice, and you cna get it on a shorter phone call having to push as far.
Old Jun 16, 20, 10:19 am

Programs: UA 1MM 0P, AA, DL, *wood, Lifetime FPC Plat., IHG, HHD
Originally Posted by RichMSN View Post

I keep calling every year, get it down to about 7.20$ with taxes and music royalties per radio. I'm fine with that.
bchandler02 likes this.
Old Jun 30, 20, 4:11 pm

Does anyone know if SiriusXM Aviation is as much of a pain to deal with as the regular consumer SiriusXM? Or if the same pricing shell game applies there?
Old Jul 1, 20, 7:11 am
Suspended

Programs: IHG Spire, National Exec, AA Plat
Originally Posted by nmenaker View Post
I keep calling every year, get it down to about 7.20$ with taxes and music royalties per radio. I'm fine with that.
Yep, sad that you have to play the games with them but you can get 6 months for 29.99 + taxes/fees if you press hard enough.
Old Jul 2, 20, 2:42 pm

Programs: UA 1MM 0P, AA, DL, *wood, Lifetime FPC Plat., IHG, HHD
Just did my annual renewal of monthly plan (it's good for 12 month periods) started at 99$, then 60$ a year, I got it to $5.28 all in with taxes and fees per radio. Two radios. I'm fine with that even though both cars haven't seen more than about 35 miles a month since March. I still use the iphone/android app for listening some.
Old Jul 18, 20, 12:41 pm
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by DYKWIA View Post
I always enjoyed SiriusXM when I was over in the US. Generally listed to 1st Wave non-stop. Made a lot of long car journeys a bit more enjoyable.

Anyway... It appears that SiriusXM is not currently geo-protected. So, I've been able to listen to the "trial" version for the last few weeks from the UK.

Richard Blade is the cheesiest DJ ever
This is still working!
Boraxo likes this.
Old Sep 13, 20, 12:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat & 1MM, DL Plat, Marriott LT Gold, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Explorist & IHG Ambassador
Originally Posted by bchandler02 View Post
Yep, sad that you have to play the games with them but you can get 6 months for 29.99 + taxes/fees if you press hard enough.
I do this every 5 months or sometimes $70 per year. Have negotiated this rate for the last 12 years. When push comes to shove they have never refused to provide the offer though sometimes you have to keep pressing and threaten to cancel. Contrast to directv who I had to dump after 10 years because they decided to pay hardball. Their loss.

As for cancelling XM it is a bit of a PITA as the CS drones have a script and don't seem to understand that you are cancelling because you disposed of the car. They also lost some $$ because they refused to cancel effective in 2 weeks - gotta be done today or call back. Ok have it your way and refund my card now.
bchandler02 likes this.
Old Sep 15, 20, 3:31 pm

Programs: Amex Centurion, United Global Services
Originally Posted by DYKWIA View Post
This is still working!
Oh man, First Wave was worth the price of admission alone!

I have never since found a streaming station that was as dial-ed into my formidable years!
Old Sep 15, 20, 7:30 pm

Originally Posted by Boraxo View Post
Contrast to directv who I had to dump after 10 years because they decided to pay hardball. Their loss.
I had the same experience with the Uverse division of AT&T which is pushing customers to AT&T TV (streaming service with cable like Android TV box) with a 2 year escalating contract. A similar service AT&T TV Now is offered month to month without the Android box. I switched to YouTube TV.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: