Wiki Posts
Search

AT&T ad featuring speech to speech translator

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11, 2011, 12:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: US Chairman
AT&T ad featuring speech to speech translator

Does anyone know the app used in the AT&T ad (looks like on iPhone) that has you speaking into the phone and getting the translation spoken?

I have been searching the iTunes App Store and can't find it. The only thing I can find is by typing in what you want translated not by speaking in the phone.

TIA
Lydia
Old Aug 11, 2011, 4:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
AT&T had a LIVE voice translation service over the phone at least since 1992 when I used it for the first time. It is a fee based service for world travelers.
Old Aug 11, 2011, 5:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: US Chairman
Originally Posted by tentseller
AT&T had a LIVE voice translation service over the phone at least since 1992 when I used it for the first time. It is a fee based service for world travelers.
Thanks for the information. Will stop in or call AT&T

Lydia
Old Aug 12, 2011, 5:47 pm

Appears that the this app is $19.95 for iPhone and Androids. Google has a free one for Andriods.
"Available on Apple App store for the best Bi-Directional Speech To Speech Translator."

"About SpeechTrans™

SpeechTrans™ eliminates language barriers with the most accurate Speech to Speech Translator that works on all versions of the iPhone, 3rd Generation iPod Touch, and iPads.

SpeechTrans™ is a Speech to Speech translator with bi-directional speech recognition and translation, there is no limit to what you can say. Never be at a loss for words on your next trip abroad. With voice recognition provided by Nuance, the best in its class, you will be amazed at how easy it is to speak new languages within seconds.

With SpeechTrans™ you can also dictate status updates directly to your Social Networking applications ( Facebook and Twitter) or send emails and reminders to yourself... all using the power of your voice."

http://speechtrans.com/
Old Aug 12, 2011, 6:39 pm

Programs: PR Premier Elite
The AT&T commercial to which the OP is referring appears to be showing Google Translate on some generic Android phone. Speech to speech and "conversation mode" has been a standard feature of Google Translate for a number of languages for a while now.
Old Aug 13, 2011, 8:52 pm

Programs: UAL 1MM, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, AA 3MM
I use Google Translate app on iPhone.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.