Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Technology
Reload this Page >

Ipad 2 additional battery / power

Old Aug 2, 11, 10:56 am
Original Poster

Hi

I am looking for a way of having some additional power for the Ipad2 I have recently upgraded from and Ipad where I used a powercase successfully unfortunately with the redisgned Ipad2 the case no longer fits.

Has anyone got an Ipad2 and have a scheme of having an additional battery / power pack for long flights I would be appreciative for the tip

Regards

Martin
Old Aug 2, 11, 12:45 pm
aly

just running out, u may want to check this site;

http://www.hypershop.com/HyperJuice-...-USB-s/186.htm
Old Aug 3, 11, 6:44 pm
Ambassador: LAN LANPASS

Programs: BAEC Gold, Avianca Lifemiles Diamond
http://www.amazon.com/APC-UPB10-Univ...ref=pd_sim_e_1

I have one of these and it is marvellous
gives me about 6 or 7 hours of ipod function on the ipad, less with video
claims to be able to run an ipod for 10 hours.

I dont know why they are so expensive on Amazon, I managed to get mine from a tech centre in Bogotá for 40 bucks
Old Aug 3, 11, 8:49 pm

Programs: *G, M+ Platinum
Wow, I've never had a problem with battery life on mine ... How long is yours lasting?
Old Aug 3, 11, 9:39 pm

Originally Posted by ~tc~ View Post
Wow, I've never had a problem with battery life on mine ... How long is yours lasting?
Mine lasts up to 10 hours
which is 3 hours shorter than a flight from SCL to MAD
Old Aug 4, 11, 1:39 am

Location: BNE, Australia...not too far from the nearest Qantas Pub err Club
Originally Posted by uk_tomcat_fan View Post
I am looking for a way of having some additional power for the Ipad2
Try the ZAGGsparq

Works really well with iPhone, should be the ticket for the iPad.

Keep your eye out for 1/2 price specials
Old Aug 4, 11, 1:31 pm

Originally Posted by JohnnyColombia View Post
Mine lasts up to 10 hours
which is 3 hours shorter than a flight from SCL to MAD
Yeah, but you gotta sleep, eat, watch AVOD in there some don't ya?
Old Aug 5, 11, 9:06 am

Still learning my new toy. Not much of a gamer or video watcher. But I do like to read newspapers, magazines with flipboard and nytimes, wsj and npr subscriptions.

For the newspapers, I found can 'download' and then read 'off-line' without wifi running but most of the other apps require internet connection.

My question - what is approximate battery life with wifi on? I assume less than 10 hours? I fully discharged and then charged battery last night and got about 2 hrs of use this morning, now reading about 65% life remaining.
Old Aug 5, 11, 2:24 pm

Yeah, but you gotta sleep, eat, watch AVOD in there some don't ya?
You have clearly never flown IB in Y from SCL to MAD, there is no AVOD, the food isn't worth eating and you cannot sleep because of all the Latinos with their pet chickens and sheep.

Seriously, even BOG to MAD (10 hours) after watching a couple of movies the battery is getting a bit flat, then suppose you do some internet browsing on a layover plus get another connection to LHR or whatever then you need more juice.

iPad battery life is great but it is no surprise to me that someone might want a bit more.
Old Aug 5, 11, 5:23 pm

Nope, never been on IB.

Certainly, I would love infinite battery life, and have to admit that one of the biggest reasons I maintain a lounge membership is to be able to find a plug to recharge during layover, I'm just saying it's not worth much $, luggage space, or weight to me to have longer battery life than what it does now.

Wifi certainly does suck the life out of the battery. The other thing to check is that you're not keeping all the apps open all the time - you have to bring up the tray and actually close them out separately, or they're still open suckin' juice.
Old Aug 5, 11, 6:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA plus
Nope, never been on IB.

Certainly, I would love infinite battery life, and have to admit that one of the biggest reasons I maintain a lounge membership is to be able to find a plug to recharge during layover, I'm just saying it's not worth much $, luggage space, or weight to me to have longer battery life than what it does now.

Wifi certainly does suck the life out of the battery. The other thing to check is that you're not keeping all the apps open all the time - you have to bring up the tray and actually close them out separately, or they're still open suckin' juice.
How do you shut down apps on an iPad? The way you posted that, it sounds like a windows machine and I haven't seen similar on the iPad
Old Aug 5, 11, 7:51 pm

Originally Posted by GoingAway View Post
How do you shut down apps on an iPad?
Double click home button, the opened apps will appear in lower dock. Press similar to when you wish to delete apps, that will close the open apps. Just like with iPhone
Old Aug 5, 11, 8:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dtsm View Post
Double click home button, the opened apps will appear in lower dock. Press similar to when you wish to delete apps, that will close the open apps. Just like with iPhone
Fascinating! Thanks, I am not an iPhone user and had no idea this was an option. There were a lot of apps to be closed down, too
Old Aug 6, 11, 2:59 pm

Originally Posted by dtsm View Post
I am not sure I follow that, if I double click the home button then all apps open the dock at the bottom, i definitely don't have the all open.

If I press and hold, it only gives me the option to delete them

Still don't understand how one closes them
Old Aug 6, 11, 3:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JohnnyColombia View Post
I am not sure I follow that, if I double click the home button then all apps open the dock at the bottom, i definitely don't have the all open.

If I press and hold, it only gives me the option to delete them

Still don't understand how one closes them
I'm clicked the minus signs and they close. Once you use an app, it doesn't close entirely unless you close it here.

Search this Thread