Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Technology
Reload this Page >

Macbook Air Prices - Manchester Airport or Dubai?

Old Jul 29, 2011, 8:49 am
Original Poster

Hi All,
First post on this forum - i am travelling on business soon - Manchester to Mumbai via Dubai

Has anyone seen the recent prices for 11 or 13 " Macbook Airs at shops at either airport?

Would these usually be cheaper in Dubai than, say, Dixons in Manchester. Annoyingly the Dixons website no longer displays prices

Thanks in advance
Old Aug 1, 2011, 3:30 am
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
The new Mac Air which came out a week or 2 ago is sold out in many places, so you should be more concerned about availability than price. There is no Apple store at DXB, but Dubai duty free does sell some Macs (not sure if they have the new Airs).
Old Aug 1, 2011, 10:10 am

Programs: A3 *G, BA Silver
There were some Macbook Airs in Dixons T2 when I buzzed through this week - not sure if it was the new model or not.

Perhaps a call to Dixons at the airport will give you the price you need and the chance to check stock?
Old Aug 2, 2011, 7:22 am

You will never find the best price for a computer in an airport shop. Go on-line and look for good prices before you buy at an airport shop.
Old Aug 2, 2011, 7:29 am

Programs: UA gold, Hyatt Plat Marriott silver,Hilton Gold, PC Plat., SPG Gold.,Hertz Gold, Global Entry
Originally Posted by Elmo151
You will never find the best price for a computer in an airport shop. Go on-line and look for good prices before you buy at an airport shop.
I was looking for a new cell phone in DXB, I found the prices a $100.00 higher than in the states. I was looking for unlocked phone not subsidized. There are no good deals in duty free IMHO.
Old Aug 2, 2011, 7:53 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, Priority Club Blue, SPG Gold, Sofitel Gold, FB Ivory, BA Blue
Speaking of MAN (and LHR too), the Dixons Tax Free shops aren't particularly good. They should certainly be able to sell you a MacBook Air but not likely the latest/greatest.
Old Aug 2, 2011, 1:17 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the tips - I think I'll purchase before the trip and save the bother.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.