Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Technology
Reload this Page >

VNC and OS X Lion

VNC and OS X Lion

Old Jul 26, 2011, 2:33 pm
Original Poster

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8H7 Safari/6533.18.5)

Got myself a new Mac Mini as my home office server at Best Buy ($30 cheaper than Apple).

Everything works great except apparently Lion's implementation of Screen Sharing differs from Snow Leopard and my iOS VNC app won't connect to it.

Of course, I'm hitting the road for two weeks tomorrow and I NEED access to this server while I'm gone.

From what I can see on Google, iTeleport and RealVNC are telling their iOS customers "tough" for now.

Screens VNC claims Lion compatibility, but it's $20... not a lot of money but I don't want to fool around with another app...

Any working solutions out there?
Old Jul 26, 2011, 11:56 pm

Programs: UA MM (former 1K) - DL PM (former DM) - Marriott Platinum
I can't confirm or deny Lion compatibility (still sticking with Snow Leopard for now) but I'm currently using, and am very satisfied with, both Screens and LogMeIn from my iPad back to several Macs on my home network.

I know you wrote you don't want to mess with more apps, but maybe you might have to if this is time-critical.

Just my $0.02
Old Jul 27, 2011, 10:19 am
Original Poster

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8H7 Safari/6533.18.5)

You're right. I ended up buying Screens (whose iTunes app store page has a screaming headline touting it's Lion compatibility, so I must not be the only lost soul).

Turns out I really like it's multi-touch gestures and it was worth the $20, so alls well that ends well.
Old Jul 29, 2011, 10:35 pm

Programs: UA MM (former 1K) - DL PM (former DM) - Marriott Platinum
Glad to hear this is a success for you. I'm really enjoying Screens - and, for whatever reason, I find that I tend to use it more than LogMeIn.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.