Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Technology
Reload this Page >

Cool Travel Apps for Mac + discounts

Old Jul 25, 11, 3:25 pm
Original Poster

I just found this list of "10 awesome travel apps for mac". http://mac.appfinders.com/travel-apps-for-mac/

I think these 3 are the best on the list....

-Translator translate with voice: covers over 50 different languages. It can translate your words and pronounce them too.
-Arrivals & Departures: makes keeping up with the flight board at your airport easy. It supports over 4250 airports worldwide.
-POI Loader on the Mac: a pretty useful tool if you rely on Garmin products to get around. It can update your navigation device with the latest locations.

Don't have a mac yet? I found a student discount for apple online...
Back to School Special: Buy a Mac for college and get $100 to spend on the Mac App Store PLUS 3% cash back when shopping at Apple Store for Education with THIS DEAL plus Free Shipping.
Old Jul 25, 11, 7:32 pm

Programs: UA 1MM 0P, AA, DL, *wood, Lifetime FPC Plat., IHG, HHD
links don't work

Originally Posted by CiaoBella455 View Post
I just found this list of "10 awesome travel apps for mac". http://mac.appfinders.com/travel-apps-for-mac/
none of the app links seems to work?
Old Jul 26, 11, 11:31 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by nmenaker View Post
none of the app links seems to work?
They worked for me. It brings you to the app page at the Mac App store. Maybe it's the browser you're using? I'm using Chrome.
Old Jul 26, 11, 12:25 pm

Programs: UA 1MM 0P, AA, DL, *wood, Lifetime FPC Plat., IHG, HHD
yep, now there are working. The app store spawn was not working yesterday when I tried, nor was it taking a viewer to the itunes website for app review.

These all seem to be about 4.99$ an app, was there some deal here or just promo?
Old Jul 27, 11, 2:18 pm
Original Poster

I mentioned an apple ed store discount but I you can buy the apps from just the app store not ed store and get 5% cash back ...itunes/app store cash back
Old Jul 29, 11, 11:55 am

I like the World Explorer app, especially because it's free..lol
Old Aug 1, 11, 11:46 am

The 3% discount above can be used at the mac app store? and the 5% discount can be used on itunes and the app store, meaning like cell phone apps?
Old Aug 5, 11, 12:49 pm
Original Poster

I think the 5% is for itunes/apps and 3% for the apple education store.
Old Aug 11, 11, 9:59 am

Does anyone have a favorite travel app or maybe something that's not on this list you would recommend getting?
Old Nov 8, 11, 10:20 am

Originally Posted by HotDogs85 View Post
Does anyone have a favorite travel app or maybe something that's not on this list you would recommend getting?
I clicked on your link and now they're giving 4% cash back FYI... dunno if it s just for the holidays or anything but it's sweet
Old Nov 14, 11, 10:24 am
Original Poster

I found some more good travel apps to share plus you get 4% cash back now with apple through the deal I posted.

1,000 Ultimate Experiences

Browse Lonely Planet's 1,000 top destinations and experiences, with lots of photos. Topics include "Top travel boasts, myths, and legends," and "top tourist traps worth the crowds." $19.99

Loopt Pulse

In a strange place and don't know what to do? Want to find something interesting to eat, drink, or do nearby? Loopt brings up real-time activity in Map or Photo view. Free

Paris Street Map

The iPad's built-in maps app is nice, but it doesn't work if you don't have a network signal. These offline street maps work anywhere, and are available for several cities, including Paris, New York, Buenos Aires, etc. $2.99

Just some I've recently found. I'm still interested to see if anyone has found a travel app that is a must have. Let me know.
Old Dec 1, 11, 12:59 pm

Tripit is a good one and it's free. Also they might not be travel apps, but I take a lot of pictures when traveling and there's soooooo many photo apps out there. I've been using that cash back deal to get a bunch. I just got , Photo Tangler (free), You Gotta See This (0.99), and Diptic (1.99). I can't wait to go on my next trip!
Old Dec 2, 11, 1:27 pm

http://occipital.com/360/app

Great app, only $0.99.

What is cool is you can scan everything in a room from the floor to the ceiling and after everything is captured you can use the augmented reality. It's pretty cool, kind of like VRML or virtual reality type of thing.
Old Dec 5, 11, 2:05 am

Programs: Skywards
Would highly recommend Flight Card, available through the App Store. Its basically an e-boarding gate pass - good unique design, UI is quality.
Old Dec 15, 11, 2:30 pm
Original Poster

So that occipital just takes a 360 photo?

Search this Thread