Wiki Posts
Search

Android phone and time zones

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2011, 8:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL, AA, UA
Android phone and time zones

Any one here come up with a work-around for Android's crippled time-zone implementation? Specifically, is there any way to create future appointments or reminders for time zones other than the one you are currently in? For instance, today I'm in US Eastern time, but need to create appointments for next week in European time and the following week in US Central time. I'd like to be able to do that without having to do the math in my head.

Thanks.
Old May 10, 2011, 8:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

My Nexus One has a "Time Zone" dropdown right below the end time setting.
Old May 10, 2011, 9:10 am
Original Poster

Nice. I have a Moto Droid Pro (the supposed "business" Android), and it has no provision for time zones at all. (The exchange calendar implementation is actually broken in many little ways, but this may turn out to be the deal killer).
Old May 10, 2011, 1:42 pm

Programs: DL D & MM, Marriott P, Hilton S, UA, US, AA
MyTouch 4G (HTC Glacier -T-Mo)

No TZ capability when entering an appointment on the phone using the built in Calendar function, to either my Outlook or Google calendars. Have you looked at any of the 3rd party solutions, e.g. Touchdown? Not sure whether they might provide that capablity.
Old May 10, 2011, 1:48 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DisneyDude
No TZ capability when entering an appointment on the phone using the built in Calendar function, to either my Outlook or Google calendars. Have you looked at any of the 3rd party solutions, e.g. Touchdown? Not sure whether they might provide that capablity.
Yes, I've looked at Touchdown - no dice, and the developer has said it's not on his list of features to add (too hard).

I've also looked at some other calendars in the market, but none has TZ support.

Pimlical from Pimlico Software (currently in beta, not available in the market) does implement time zone support, but the Droid Pro apparently uses a funky implementation of Activesync which breaks the app. The developer is trying to find a solution, but so far no dice.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.