Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Technology
Reload this Page >

Just ordered Verizon iPhone 4 and was wondering... [A discussion on accessories!]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Just ordered Verizon iPhone 4 and was wondering... [A discussion on accessories!]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2011, 7:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Avios
Question Just ordered Verizon iPhone 4 and was wondering... [A discussion on accessories!]

I was wondering if anyone has any opinions re: best accessories such as a case or bumper or any other "must haves"...etc., etc.?

Thank you in advance to anyone who responds!!!

Last edited by ddschur; Feb 3, 2011 at 7:36 am Reason: spelling
Old Feb 3, 2011, 7:39 am

13.3" Macbook Air with fast processor, 4GB memory and 256GB SSD.

Let us know what you think of the iphone 4 on verizon after you have some time to play with it.

-David
Old Feb 3, 2011, 7:50 am

I'm holding out for the Iphone 5...its taking alot since Im a gadget freak and have been waiting for this phone forever!
Whats a few more months, right?
Old Feb 3, 2011, 8:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Avios
Originally Posted by GINZ
I'm holding out for the Iphone 5...its taking alot since Im a gadget freak and have been waiting for this phone forever!
I thought about it but since I am now joyfully retired, my phone demands have decreased significantly and thus I am OK with buying now.

Also, I will await the new iPad and consider buying the current iPad at a reduced price.

If I was still in the "workforce" I would be holding out as well since I, too, am/was a gadget freak!
Old Feb 3, 2011, 8:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by GINZ
I don't think you're missing much in the VZW iPhone4

There have been a couple of tech blogs, including Engadget last night, who have written up some comparisons based on their hands-on experiences with the Verizon iPhone4. And the verdict, aside from the CDMA radio and a couple of buttons having to be moved slightly because of internal parts, that there is NO difference in the Verizon iPhone 4 compared to the one on AT&T.

Other than you're on Verizon, of course.
Old Feb 3, 2011, 8:58 am

Programs: UA, AA, AS, SPG.
I ordered a Verizon iPhone this morning. Definitely would like to see what accessories everyone also recommends.

Also, anyone have experience with these "iPhone Gloves"? They are the only decent looking pair I would find but how well do they work? (Especially for the high price tag!)
http://eglovz.com/mens-gloves.html
Old Feb 3, 2011, 9:11 am

Programs: AA:PLT&3MM, HGP:DIA, SPG:GOLD
Originally Posted by uva185
I ordered a Verizon iPhone this morning. Definitely would like to see what accessories everyone also recommends.

Also, anyone have experience with these "iPhone Gloves"? They are the only decent looking pair I would find but how well do they work? (Especially for the high price tag!)
http://eglovz.com/mens-gloves.html
By and large they don't work. Don't waste your money.
Old Feb 3, 2011, 9:13 am

Programs: AA:PLT&3MM, HGP:DIA, SPG:GOLD
Originally Posted by LessO2
There have been a couple of tech blogs, including Engadget last night, who have written up some comparisons based on their hands-on experiences with the Verizon iPhone4. And the verdict, aside from the CDMA radio and a couple of buttons having to be moved slightly because of internal parts, that there is NO difference in the Verizon iPhone 4 compared to the one on AT&T.
That's the way it's supposed to be.

Last edited by bp888; Feb 3, 2011 at 9:23 am
Old Feb 3, 2011, 9:19 am

Programs: Mileage Plus, Skymiles, EleVAte founding member, SPG
Somewhere I read that the side buttons have been moved slightly on the Verizon iPhone. If buying a case, I'd be sure it fits correctly.
Old Feb 3, 2011, 9:50 am

According to this New York Times article, telephone reception on Verizon is superior to AT&T's iPhone in SF and New York. On the other hand, beating AT&T reception is a pretty low bar. Now if they just tossed in a GSM SIM slot and a navigation app that rivaled the Droid, I'd be sold.

Just noticed that I'm subverting the purpose of this thread - an accessory discussion. Sorry about that.

Last edited by boberonicus; Feb 3, 2011 at 9:53 am Reason: apology
Old Feb 3, 2011, 10:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by boberonicus
According to this New York Times article, telephone reception on Verizon is superior to AT&T's iPhone in SF and New York.
And, in other news, birds go "tweet".
Old Feb 3, 2011, 11:06 am

Programs: AA-LTP, HH-DIA, Marriott-LT+AMB, Hyatt-Globalist, Hertz-PC, UA-GS
Originally Posted by LessO2
I don't think you're missing much in the VZW iPhone4

Other than you're on Verizon, of course.
I'm a fan of VZW, but the engadget review had the download speeds of the ATT iphone alot faster than the VZW's. That could do with where ones service area is. Enjoy to all those who have ordered one, I will be waiting.
Old Feb 3, 2011, 11:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by chanp
I'm a fan of VZW, but the engadget review had the download speeds of the ATT iphone alot faster than the VZW's. That could do with where ones service area is. Enjoy to all those who have ordered one, I will be waiting.
Well, AT&T's 3G network technology is capable of higher speeds than Verizon's. But then you have to factor in the overall reliability of AT&T's network vs Verizon's...
Old Feb 3, 2011, 11:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Here is the case I have for my iPhone 4.

http://www.elementcase.com/iphone4.html

One big difference between the ATT and Verizon iPhone 4's is that you cannot do voice and data at the same time on the Verizon phone. If you are using the hotspot feature and the Verizon phone rings the internet is cut off.
Old Feb 3, 2011, 12:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
Wirelessly posted (Nokia E71-2: Opera/9.80 (S60; SymbOS; Opera Mobi/499; U; en-US) Presto/2.4.18 Version/10.00)

Originally Posted by gfunkdave
Well, AT&T's 3G network technology is capable of higher speeds than Verizon's. But then you have to factor in the overall reliability of AT&T's network vs Verizon's...
It will be interesting to see if "prime-time" speeds on the AT&T 3G network improve once a large number of Iphone users have moved over to Vzw. In my area, AT&T download speeds are good and the signal is reliable, but I do notice that the speeds increase markedly in the late-night/overnight hours.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.