Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Technology
Reload this Page >

Will I be able to watch or stream the NFL game on my United flight tomorrow?

Will I be able to watch or stream the NFL game on my United flight tomorrow?

Old Jan 22, 11, 7:37 pm
Original Poster

Cool Will I be able to watch or stream the NFL game on my United flight tomorrow?

Flying on United 250 tomorrow morning from PDX to IAD on an Airbus 320, flying coach. From what I can tell there is NO live tv. Digiplayers do NOT play live content either right? Is there WIFI available? I will gladly pay for WIFI and attempt to stream the NFL Championship games. Would upgrading to Business Class help at all??? Does BizClass have headrest TVs, like JetBlu or Frontier? Also which "live tv" sites or applications do you recommend for my streaming idea. (I use mac)
Old Jan 22, 11, 7:43 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
Welcome to Flyertalk.

Even if you had Wifi (which you won't, they are only on the PS flights) it would slow down if you were streaming and throttle you back so you could not watch it, or it would be horrible quality.

So you are probably out of luck. The pilot will probably announce the score, which won't be much help at all if you are trying not to know until you watch it.
Old Jan 22, 11, 11:21 pm

Programs: AA EXP, lowly UA 1K; Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold; National EC, Hertz PC
Yea as the previous poster said you are hosed for a TV feed, it just doesn't exist on UA and wifi is only on two routes. Sometimes, as happened to me last week during the Jets game, the pilot fed a radio feed in via Ch9 which is usually ATC. This works only so so as they have to keep updating it a couple times an hour as you cross the country.
Old Jan 23, 11, 8:20 am
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by cordelli View Post
Welcome to Flyertalk.

Even if you had Wifi (which you won't, they are only on the PS flights) it would slow down if you were streaming and throttle you back so you could not watch it, or it would be horrible quality.

So you are probably out of luck. The pilot will probably announce the score, which won't be much help at all if you are trying not to know until you watch it.
Bolding mine: Where it is a UA flight and the Captain may have Ch9 (live ATC) available, you can always ask one the F/a's if it would be possible to have the Captain pick up the radio broadcast of the game and have that broadcast on Ch9 instead of ATC. You might "irk" a few Ch9 buffs but it does work as I had a Captain put the World Series on when I asked.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: