Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Technology
Reload this Page >

Thinkpad 43p - updating BIOS

Old Jan 8, 2011, 7:51 am
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle

Folks... can someone help me in figuring out what version of BIOS I have installed on my IBM ThinkPad...? Im having some weird keyboard (or other hardware) issue that I understand may be fixed with updating the BIOS to the latest available version.

Then... once I confirm that I need to update the BIOS, can someone point me to some website that has a step by step and hopefully somewhat dummy-proof way for me to do this without creating a kinda' expensive brick/paper weight....?

Thanks,
Gaucho100K
Old Jan 8, 2011, 10:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You can find out your BIOS version when you boot the laptop. The screen should say something like "BIOS Version A06". You can also enter BIOS setup at startup and look through the screens there for your BIOS version - on my Thinkpad, you press the blue ThinkVantage button at startup.

As for updating the BIOS, go to the Thinkpad support site - I've found it's easier to just Google "thinkpad t43 support" than sifting through IBM/Lenovo's sites. Look for the model number of your Thinkpad on the label on the bottom - something like "TYPE 1234-ABC" and go to the downloads section. There will be a BIOS updater you can download and run.
Old Jan 8, 2011, 11:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Thanks.... Ive found the website. You say there is a BIOS updater that can be downloaded... so does this mean there is no need to create special boot CDs, etc...??
Old Jan 9, 2011, 6:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Sometimes known as [ARG:6 UNDEFINED]
For the love of God, man. Buy the dang T510.
Old Jan 9, 2011, 7:45 pm
Original Poster

Dont worry, I will.... alas, still need to fix the bugs on this old laptop so I can sell it on the local Ebay...
Old Jan 10, 2011, 3:56 pm

Programs: United Global Services,Hilton Diamond, Starwood Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, National Executive Elite
Lol buy a Mac I've got a T-41p that is collecting dust because the fan died and I replaced it with a Mac.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.