Community
Wiki Posts
Search

iPhone for Verizon (US) and Orange (FR)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2011, 3:49 pm

Programs: AA-LTP, HH-DIA, Marriott-LT+AMB, Hyatt-Globalist, Hertz-PC, UA-GS
Originally Posted by WillCAD
Well, I was certain it wouldn't happen, but it did, and I was wrong.

I am a little dissapointed in the details, however; being able to surf the net or use maps or send a text or perform some other task while I'm talking on the phone has been one of my iPhone's greatest strengths. Since this is not yet possible on Verizon's network - and I didn't realize until today that it's not possible on ANY Verizon smart phone - I guess I'll be sticking with AT&T for a while longer.

Cook specifically mentioned the antenna: "it has to be optimized to work on CDMA network, and it's going to do a great job of that." I wonder if that means that they also corrected the Antennagate flaw for this version of iPhone 4? Maybe by moving the antenna to the UPPER housing instead of the LOWER housing, where everybody holds the phone?
Im on VZW and CAN send/receive texts while Im on the phone. Droid.
Old Jan 11, 2011, 7:42 pm

Originally Posted by chanp
Im on VZW and CAN send/receive texts while Im on the phone. Droid.
Text messages are not exactly data.
Old Jan 11, 2011, 7:52 pm

Programs: Southwest Rapid Rewards. Tha... that's about it.
Originally Posted by Dubai Stu
Text messages are not exactly data.
Yes, texts are a separate charge on cell providers' bills, not covered by the various data plans. I wonder if that means that texts are sent through a separate set of equipment from data and voice functions?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.