Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How to print from a mobile phone?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2010, 5:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP 2.5MM National EE
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (webOS/1.4.5; U; en-US) AppleWebKit/532.2 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/1.0 Safari/532.2 Pre/1.0)

Is there any phone that has the capacity to print? Even to a printer that is Wi-Fi compatible?
I find myself needing to print a email or print a boarding pass with out my laptop, but have my phone with internet access!
Old Dec 15, 2010, 5:34 pm

Programs: None anymore
Yes, multiple mobile OS allow printing.
Apple iOS devices have a couple ways.
Printershare mobile is one
Windows Mobile has a few
For the geeky: Print with DropBox
Old Dec 15, 2010, 5:43 pm
Original Poster

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (webOS/1.4.5; U; en-US) AppleWebKit/532.2 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/1.0 Safari/532.2 Pre/1.0)

Wow thanks! Great link!

I'm with Sprint so Apple is out! I'm looking at a few of the Android Phones. Any idea about them?
Old Dec 15, 2010, 5:52 pm
Original Poster

Update. I just read the page explaining how dropbox works. Looks real powerful!
I'm wondering if anything would work even if I don't have a computer, just a wi-fi printer?
Old Dec 16, 2010, 12:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, A3 Gold, FB Gold, Bonvoy Titanium / LTP, Accor Plat
Various Nokia smartphones I have owned over the years have had the ability to print directly to HP printers (in particular). My Nokia 7610 from 2004 did this via Bluetooth, and my Nokia E51 does it perfectly over wifi.

Just set up the printer driver on the phone as you would for windows, make sure you're on the right wifi point, and from the application choose "print". Very handy for printing PDFs, emails, etc. without booting up my laptop. That said, my office and home both feature HP printers - I've not tried it with other brands, which are less supported.

A guide to printing from Nokia smartphones is here, so you can see what they can do:
http://europe.nokia.com/tutorials/su...guide/5_0.html
Old Dec 16, 2010, 3:11 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by Flahusky
Printershare mobile is one
Doesn't appear to work with printers on a local wifi networked that are connected to the network via a print server, rather than connected either directly by cable to a computer or directly via wifi.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.